What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I've decided that Liam Gallagher is a genius. I think his persona and all his antics was pure performance art of the highest order. 

My take is, he's just a Manc ape. Basically he is a gobshite, who happened to be talented. As such he got famous and rich at a young age, and no one (with the exception of his brother) ever told him, no. For me he treads the line of being very entertaining, and very annoying. It's a fine line.  

• Like 1

For me, watching their live performances with him ranting and raving is far more interesting than their recorded stuff. I like to think he was in on the joke from the start, cuz nobody could be that much of a clearing in the woods.

The great David Hidalgo with one of my all time favorite guitar solos. Much more soul and feel than Clapton. He's a shamefully underrated guitar player..

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

The great David Hidalgo with one of my all time favorite guitar solos. Much more soul and feel than Clapton. He's a shamefully underrated guitar player..

Los Lobos, great band. 

• Like 1

I got quite annoyed when she put that on but warned it was 7 minutes long so didn't know how much they could get away with playing.

I thought that was kind of the whole point of R6?

Then proceeded to play a load of the worst Dylan tracks I've ever heard, and that's a hell of an achievement. I can only presume they were recorded whilst he was recovering from a stroke.

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've never heard a Dylan track I didn't like at least a bit, so I'd love to know what songs they were. 

The Band - Baby let me follow you down (reprise)(concert version)

The Band - all along the watchtower - live

Dylan - I believe in you

Dylan - like a rolling stone (take 4)

Dylan - like a rolling stone

Cerys playlist

**edit** sorry, the original point of my moan, couldn't play the whole of one 7 minute track by a current 'newish' artist with a new album out, then played 5 tracks one after the other from the bob dylan - hardly an alternative artist that could do with a bit of promotion

It's music, so it's each to their own and no hierarchy. But to my ear, he sounds like he's a guy with nasal problems really really straining on the loo.

It's not like I ordinarily go for a refined sound, I quite like Larry Love and his voice is, er, unrefined.

But yeah, if ever I can't understand why people don't like my X-Ray Specs choice or my Lee Scratch Perry choice, I have to remember how many people thought it was worth buying a Dylan christmas album.

Anyway, the genius that is Larry Love.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

Can't comment on the seven minute track business, other than to say I thought such nonsense was put to bed years ago - John Peel used to play twenty minute tracks. 

I own EVERY Dylan studio album, with three exceptions - the two recents collections of Sinatra covers... and the Christmas one. And I will eventually buy those, for completion's sake. 

Not liking Dylan's voice (although he's had at least five different ones) I can fully understand. Me, I love it - but then I also like Tom Waits, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, etc. Character. 

• Like 1

Â