What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

@dAVe80 I looked at that General Saint & Clint Eastwood and thought, 'surely that's the wrong way around?'

So I had to get up and go out the other room and check. Sure enough, they're Clint Eastwood & General Saint on this, one of my absolute all time toppers. Seriously, if I did a Desert Island Discs, this would be on there...

It's a proper chune from my youth, when you realised they were playing the 12" version and the whole dancefloor were shouting out the lyrics.

A couple of weekends ago we had a birthday party for a friend, rented a village hall, borrowed some DJ kit and we all put tracks on an ipod and pressed play. No taste filter, just everyone's party faves. Brilliant evening, watching 50 year old office workers pushing each other around to New Rose by The Damned or sing/shouting along to Voulez Vous.

Plus of course, the extended play 'Stop That Train'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

@dAVe80 I looked at that General Saint & Clint Eastwood and thought, 'surely that's the wrong way around?'

So I had to get up and go out the other room and check. Sure enough, they're Clint Eastwood & General Saint on this, one of my absolute all time toppers. Seriously, if I did a Desert Island Discs, this would be on there...

It's a proper chune from my youth, when you realised they were playing the 12" version and the whole dancefloor were shouting out the lyrics.

A couple of weekends ago we had a birthday party for a friend, rented a village hall, borrowed some DJ kit and we all put tracks on an ipod and pressed play. No taste filter, just everyone's party faves. Brilliant evening, watching 50 year old office workers pushing each other around to New Rose by The Damned or sing/shouting along to Voulez Vous.

Plus of course, the extended play 'Stop That Train'.

It's a big tune! I've versions by Keith & Tex, and U Roy, and of course Draw Your Brakes by Scotty, from The Harder They Come soundtrack.  

• Like 1

One of my friends, now no longer with us :(, was something to do with Splodge/nessabounds.

The dub version is the last track on the self titled album. Not sure there was a 12" of 'Simon Templer'.

• Like 3

Â