What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

One of my favourite songs of all time. 

One of my old bands used to close our set with this and it was always great getting my Biafra warble on 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Took my daughter to see “Sing 2” yesterday (plucky, anthropomorphic animals put on a music show…Bono is an old, reclusive lion musician in the sequel. You’re now up to speed).

Among all the fairly predictable tunes, this unexpectedly and pleasingly appeared on the soundtrack. These days I only ever hear this when I put it on myself, so it was a nice surprise for it to pop up, however briefly, in something I hadn’t anticipated it to.

I always wonder when others post tunes like this, could they guess where the likes will come from. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I always wonder when others post tunes like this, could they guess where the likes will come from. 

Yes I know what you’re saying. I rarely post in here, but when I do, I find myself having that thought. I remember posting “Satellites” by Doves ages ago and getting a few likes. I suppose as a rule of thumb, there’s a reasonable chance if you like one, you’d like the other. Although they’re quite different, there’s a sort of understated grandness to both. More so with “Holes”, “Satellites” becomes more obviously epic as it progresses.

As songs from that era go, I think “Holes” is very much under appreciated. The trumpet outro is just perfect.

• Like 1

Â