What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I said the first time I heard Mr Thicko's ode to being rapey, that it was just ripping off Marvin. Glad to have been proven correct. 

I wonder if Ed Sheeran will cough up a similar figure for ripping off Let's Get it On"...

Thankfully, I've managed to avoid his work for the most, so wasn't aware he'd "borrowed" anything. 

• Like 1

for what, being a dick

Just 2 examples…

And then Beck went an ripped it off.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxugaMpt1vU

Edited by dAVe80

The story of taxman / start goes back further doesn't it?

Vague recollections of listening to an article tracing it back further, Harrison or McCartney having lifted it from something else, which would explain why that one hasn't gone legal...

I could be talking rubbish, which would of course be very unusual.

I'll google.

on a v quick google wikip says McCartney's bass line has been considered to imitate Motown bassist James Jamerson

hardly a full dissertation, but I'm claiming that justifies my suspicions

Edited by chrisp65

Been a Beatles fan since I was 4 years old and just learned that George sung the vocal on 

Could have sworn it was Paul. Strange. George was never a crooner, but he croons on this one, as good as Paul.

talent copies, genius steals. I'd say Weller is talented.

Just 2 examples…

And then Beck went an ripped it off.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxugaMpt1vU

Weller just copied chunks of the whole thing pretty much wholesale, Beck's nicked the beat. Ergo, as per my post above, Beck is a genius.

I could be talking rubbish, which would of course be very unusual.

I'll google.

on a v quick google wikip says McCartney's bass line has been considered to imitate Motown bassist James Jamerson

hardly a full dissertation, but I'm claiming that justifies my suspicions

He also blatantly stole Little Richard's "wooos!" But the Beatles redeemed themselves a million times over. What they copied just gets crushed under the weight of what they created. Still amazes me how prolific they were. 7 years. Imagine that. 

Â