What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

For me, Otis Redding was like meat and potatoes R&B, a lunchbox type of soul singer. He hit his marks and that was that. I never felt uplifted or moved by anything of his that I've heard. There was a bit too much emoting going on, kind of touching on what Moon Man said. It's almost like he was faking it... :ph34r:

For me, Otis Redding was like meat and potatoes R&B, a lunchbox type of soul singer. He hit his marks and that was that. I never felt uplifted or moved by anything of his that I've heard. There was a bit too much emoting going on, kind of touching on what Moon Man said. It's almost like he was faking it... :ph34r:

Erm... Wow... Erm... OK. Basically the opposite of what you just said. In fact even if you'd come on and argued that Ricky Otto and Kevin Francis were the best strike force on the history of football, I don't think I could have disagreed more...

Have a like for Desmond Dekker though.

For me, Otis Redding was like meat and potatoes R&B, a lunchbox type of soul singer. He hit his marks and that was that. I never felt uplifted or moved by anything of his that I've heard. There was a bit too much emoting going on, kind of touching on what Moon Man said. It's almost like he was faking it... [emoji14]h34r:

Exactly this. With that voice he would have been better doing gutbucket Chicago blues rather than deep soul. Shouter. Nothing wrong with shouters, but only with the right musical style.

Back with Otis, I do like Dock of the Bay, because it's nicely understated. But I think he seriously **** up Try a Little Tenderness. "Young girls do get weary"? Otis, mate, it's not about a young girl, it's about a middle aged houswife. "Shaggy dress"? What? It's "shabby". And so on. Bad interpretation.

• Like 1

Back with Otis, I do like Dock of the Bay, because it's nicely understated. But I think he seriously **** up Try a Little Tenderness. "Young girls do get weary"? Otis, mate, it's not about a young girl, it's about a middle aged houswife. "Shaggy dress"? What? It's "shabby". And so on. Bad interpretation.

opinionated.gif

Â