Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

He's unproven in the Premiership, and I don't see him as being as good as Earnshaw, Ashton or Defoe, or even Darren Bent just gone to Charlton. So I don't think he'll be one of those Championship strikers who comes up and flourishes. I also don't think he'd go in above Phillips. The only thing he would do is push Luke further down, and I don't want that for the sake of having another 4th choice striker. If Luke is gonna be pushed down to 5th choice then I want it to be because of a player who will walk into the 1st team.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing to me that even we fans are running out of ambition! Oh well.

I sincerely hope 'team leader' Stride makes a really creative signing and gives me something to look forward to as the pre-season begins in full.

Come on my son, sign me a playmaker!

Its amazing to me that even we fans are running out of ambition! Oh well.

Come on my son, sign me a playmaker!

It amazes me people still get amazed.

The club has systematically worked to lower the ambition of the fan base for years and as any day on here shows, many have swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Still when those two new players join within the next few weeks we'll all have to admit how wrong we were to disbelieve the rhetoric.

I sincerely hope 'team leader' Stride makes a really creative signing

By this I take it that you are referring to his signing a cheque (if he has his master's OK to do so) for some Swedish insect spray Ryu (something our incapacitated CEO was so reluctant to do). :winkold:

'Alledgedly' Baros will be shown the Anfield exit door this week! (from the usual tabloids!)

I know he's been discussed on here before but surely (if the Saviola deal can't be done(!)) he'd be worth a cheeky bid???

^^^^^ as per my preivous post -

Soton and Liverplop have agreed a £7m transfer fee for Crouch!!! He's off for a medical tomorrow (wednesday) surely that's it for Baros - he must be worth a go for.... Surely redscouse would accept around £3m?? (but have we even got that??!?!??!)

I dunno - i'd like to think so - we're not that bad, great fans, nice stadium have a good manager errrrrrmmmm :? let's leave out the board structure :winkold:

We 'nearly' signed him prior to Euro 2004, would like to think we still have a chance

todays tabloid round-up:

Star:

Aston Villa could move for Liverpool striker Milan Baros if they lose Darius Vassell to Manchester City, but City are unlikely to sell Villa their skipper Sylvain Distin

I can't see us selling without having a replacement lined-up/already signing. No too fussed about the Distain deal either

Portsmouth have joined Aston Villa, Spurs and Bolton in the race to sign £1m-rated Iranian full-back Hossein Kaabi

Anyone know much about him??? age, sided position etc etc

Mirror:

Aston Villa are prepared to sell Darius Vassell to Manchester City

hmmmm it's the Mirror (and the Star above) reporting - pinch of salt taken!!!!!

Sign Milito.. hes ready made for the Premiership! he may not be one of the best strikers in the world but his game is built for the Premier League.

I got like a 5 minute clip of his skills.. like a highlight thing.. hes very good. Good penalty taker too!

Sign Milito.. hes ready made for the Premiership! he may not be one of the best strikers in the world but his game is built for the Premier League.

I got like a 5 minute clip of his skills.. like a highlight thing.. hes very good. Good penalty taker too!

I saw that too 3 pen's sent the keeper wrong way all 3 times.Did you have the goal where he ran from the halfway line and slotted past the keeper?

I hate to be a pessamist but has a Argentine International ever played for villa? whats the chances of it happening? and secondly the champions of europe have just brought our reject and now we might buy one of theres. what the hells going on?

Personally i wouldnt mind though, If Baros starts using his brain abit more he'd be a top player.

I'm not convinced Baros is the guy Villa should be chasing---He's a bit of a pretty boy. I like Borgetti, the Mexican, whom Bolton have been unable to sign. He's tough, skilled, taller and better in the air than Phillips or Angel.

I knw theres no point buying players for the sake of it and some people may feel Baros isnt good enough. But buying Baros would be better than buying no1 at all and thats what normally happens.

Keane and Ferguson in apparent furious bust up which has resulted in Keane not going on tour to Asia with an apparent hamstring injury...

Come on O'Leary, call David Kennedy and Roy Keane and remind them both that they owe you BIG TIME.. BIG BLOODY TIME, and see if we can get a season of The King Keane in Claret and Blue.. :D