Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

Arsenal prepared to sell Bentley

Arsenal have accepted a transfer request from winger David Bentley.

The 20-year-old spent last season on loan at Norwich but on his return to Arsenal, he found his first-team opportunities remained limited.

Bentley therefore asked to leave and manager Arsene Wenger confirmed: "I will let him go.

"It's a bit of the risk you take when you send a player out on loan and he gets the taste of what it's like to play every week in the Premiership."

He added: "He comes back and thinks it will not be easy to play the same number of games this season as last season.

"Then he becomes impatient and a bit nervous about the situation.

"I understand that as David Bentley is a flank player or a second striker.

"In these positions, we have Robert Pires, Jose Antonio Reyes, Alexander Hleb, Freddie Ljungberg, Robin van Persie and Dennis Bergkamp."

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had access to a Saints season ticket for past two years. Short answer:

Worth a look?

No.

Agree, Donkey at best. No news of this on the south coast at all .

Saw former Villa player O'conner (FB) at Bournemouth on Tuesday night.....looked very good and im sure he will move a league in due corsue.

Is there a sell on clause....sorry, this is Aston Villa,...

Well if Davo does get the chance to snap up a left back before the end of the transfer season, I think he should go for PSV's Lee Yung Po (sp?). He was quality in the Champions League and seeing that Park Ji Sung only went for £4m, Lee should probably go for cheaper.

PSV Eindhoven's South Korean international Young-Pyo Lee wants to follow compatriot Park Ji-Sung by landing a big-money move to The Premiership.

Lee watched enviously as Park was taken to Manchester United for £4.5 million over the summer and started in their opening fixture, a 2-0 win at Everton.

The 28-year-old left back sees The Premiership as a step up and has has told his agent to pave the way for a transfer to England.

They are hopeful of making further developments over the next week and a switch cannot be ruled out before the window slams shut at the end of August.

Lee has been capped 55 times for South Korea, scoring three times.

"It's time to go and play somewhere else," he has been quoted as saying in the Dutch press.

From skysports, hes been linked with us before i believe.

Would be fantastic for us if we could get him. Great player that could challenge Samuel, and South-Korea could use some more Villa fans :)