Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd like to think so Al, no I don't think it would.

I'm sure in his mind he's pushing for a place on the plane next summer and for any professional that comes above playing occasionally for the team you support.

Obviously if he wants to do that, I'd have no complaints :mrgreen:

If he plays every week and does reasonably well he might find himself with a token place in the squad. Personally I don't think he will, but he's a professional and were Villa to go in for him I think he'd weigh up his options as a player and realise his best chance of going to Germany is to make himself stand out in an otherwise crap team at Fulham.

1-1-8-1

That's it! Jez you've cracked it, that's how we need to play. Berger, Barry, Hendrie, DjDj, McCann, Solano, Davies, Berson across the middle. Phillips or Angel up front, King Olof or Grandad Rickety-Knees at the back, and Tommy S in goal! :crylaugh:

Glen Johnson from Chelsea is in talks with Villa regarding a loan deal.

Isn't he a right back? If so, it seems highly unlikely as DOL has stated he wants to play Hughes on the right, and of course we've already got Delaney and UDLC.

The papers have Notlob linked with Hidetoshi Nakata from Fiorentina - man, i've always wanted to see him play for us. He'd add an extra spark of creativity to our midfield for sure as well as a boost to shirt sales in the East - we've got to start looking at raising our profile over teh world.

The papers have Notlob linked with Hidetoshi Nakata from Fiorentina - man, i've always wanted to see him play for us. He'd add an extra spark of creativity to our midfield for sure as well as a boost to shirt sales in the East - we've got to start looking at raising our profile over teh world.

Who are Notlob? :-S But I do agrre with you. Nakata would be an excellent signing. But I think he's out of our wage-limits, unfortunately.

Skysports.com can reveal that Bolton are planning a move for Southampton midfielder Fabrice Fernandes.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce is keen to bolster his squad ahead of the new season and he has lined up a move for Fernandes.

Fernandes could prove to be an attractive proposition to a number of a clubs as he is available on a free transfer.

The Frenchman has reached an accord with Southampton to let him leave on a free transfer despite having a year to run on his contract.

Fernandes has expressed a desire for a return to The Premiership following Southampton's relegation last term and Bolton could be ready to offer him a return to the top-flight.

The player's agent Willie McKay revealed Bolton were one of a number of clubs interested in signing Fernandes and that the player was determined to play at the highest level.

"I have spoken to a few clubs including Bolton about Fabrice," McKay told skysports.com

"Fabrice is a very good player and he good addition for any squad in The Premiership.

"He is available on a free transfer and he has an agreement with Rupert Lowe to let him leave and Harry Redknapp will not stand in his way if he moves on.

"Fabrice is keen to be playing in The Premiership and I have been speaking to Sam Allardyce and he is interested in him."

Worth a look?

SkySports

Bentley looking to leave?

by Tom Adams - created on 12 Aug 2005

David Bentley has reportedly asked to leave Arsenal as he looks for a club that can offer him regular first team football.

The England Under-21 star has been a promising talent at Highbury ever since drawing comparisons with Dennis Bergkamp as he scored an exquisite lob against Middlesbrough in the 2004 FA Cup.

To further his progression the winger spent last season on loan at Norwich although The Canaries were prevented from seeing the best of the 20-year-old due to injury.

Bentley has always been impatient to break into Arsene Wenger's plans and looked to be growing in stature as he featured prominently in The Gunners' pre-season tour to Austria and the victorious Amsterdam Tournament campaign.

However, the arrival of Belarus international Alexander Hleb has provided yet another obstacle for the Englishman to overcome, and he failed to even make the substitutes bench in the Community Shield defeat to Chelsea.

Bentley had then been expected to captain Arsenal's reserves against West Ham on Monday, although the gifted youngster was withdrawn before kick-off.

After apparently failing to enhance his standing in Wenger's eyes, Bentley has now reputedly handed in a transfer request in an attempt to end his time at Highbury.

Both Norwich and Crystal Palace have been linked with an ambitious attempt to secure Bentley's services on a season-long loan deal, although Premiership outfit West Ham have been rumoured to be interested in clinching a permanent deal.

Replacment for Nobby, still young good delivery on him?