Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Just done a predictor and have us going down on 34 points on goal difference!

35+ to be safe I think, so we need to average a point a game from here on in.

Unless we get a freak result I have us ending up with 34 points - Im saying we beat West Ham - Draw with Everton, Burnley....

Everton, West Ham and Burnley are all winnable. Anything from the away matches is a plus.

I'm confident we can do it.

They look a tougher (or at best comparable)  set of fixtures than Stoke, Swansea , QPR  - We didn't win any of those - what is your basis for saying these are winnable ? - Weve only won 3 home games all season - Hull, Leicester and WBA  ....

I said they are all winnable fixtures, I do not predict we'll win all of them. I think we have a good chance to win two of them, which would be enough. I believe we were somewhat unlucky not to win QPR, and with a couple select improvements in the squad (like Sissokho and Okore) we are in a good place. We can score, we play well, now just get it all together.

Obviously anything can happen, but I feel good about the team with Sherwood.

Unless we get a freak result I have us ending up with 34 points - Im saying we beat West Ham - Draw with Everton, Burnley....

That suggests you think us beating Burnley (or even Everton) would be considered a freak result. 

That suggests you think us beating Burnley (or even Everton) would be considered a freak result. 

Im sure you know what I mean - but for clarity and away win at Tottenham or Man city I would consider a freak result.

We have been playing with fire for too long. 

This season all points to us going down. When you throw away a half time lead against the worst team in the league then the writing is on the wall.

Nonsense.

So they are the worse team in the league although they are not bottom and suddenly going to win all their remaining games?

This season all points to us going down. When you throw away a half time lead against the worst team in the league then the writing is on the wall.

Nonsense.

So they are the worse team in the league although they are not bottom and suddenly going to win all their remaining games?

Yep once they beat the baggies they became world beaters. Baggies were shite when we played them but became a good team when they beat them go figure!

Nonsense.

QPR are useless. But to be honest I was alluding to how poor we are.

Safety is in our own hands but when you throw leads away like we did the other night against an exceptionally poor team then it points towards relegation.

We are running out of games.

Nonsense.

Safety is in our own hands but when you throw leads away like we did the other night against an exceptionally poor team then it points towards relegation.

Against an exceptionally poor team, that are suddenly going to beat some top 4 teams?

Nonsense.

Against an exceptionally poor team, that are suddenly going to beat some top 4 teams?

Are we discounting Burnley, Leicester, Hull and Sunderland?

QPR are exceptionally poor and we threw that game away. 

I think you are missing my point, we are in control of our own destiny and are not doing a particularly good job at it. We should have put the QPR game to bed but didn't. We may have beaten the Baggies with a last minute goal and smashed Sunderland but we could, and should, have got results against Stoke and Newcastle but didn't.

I am not saying QPR will go on and win all of their games, but evidence suggests we are going to struggle to string a series of results together.

• Like 1

I agree - although I would identify the QPR match as the deal breaker.

But when weve only beaten Leicester, Hull, and WBA at home all season - the odds on us winning two of the remaining three are IMO long. - Spurs don't seem in great form - so we really need to spring a surprise today IMO.

Key moments for me - should we be relegated

Over the Xmas period we had some easy looking home game - unfortunately Lambert decided to pass the ball sideways at walking pace for these games - those were big points - had we banked them we wouldn't have such a problem now

Swansea - Having beaten WBA and Sunderland - this game was a test - had we turned the corner ? ......no !!!!!

I believe we will win 1 more home game - thats why today is Key IMO... 

Nonsense.

Are we discounting Burnley, Leicester, Hull and Sunderland?

QPR are exceptionally poor and we threw that game away. 

I think you are missing my point, we are in control of our own destiny and are not doing a particularly good job at it. We should have put the QPR game to bed but didn't. We may have beaten the Baggies with a last minute goal and smashed Sunderland but we could, and should, have got results against Stoke and Newcastle but didn't.

I am not saying QPR will go on and win all of their games, but evidence suggests we are going to struggle to string a series of results together.

Bang on - right on the money. Top post

great day so far

i think in a strange way leicester winning is a very good result for us, puts us closer to baggies who have a horrible run in but more importantly keeps leicester, who arent catching us, interested with QPR, sunderland and burnley still to play

let them lot fight it out while we quietly slip out the back door (again)

• Like 1