Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I disagree - a win today - over a reasonable side would have changed everything.

• It would have taken us to 31 points - One win and one draw away from probable safety
  •  
  • Also beating a reasonable Swansea side - would give me confidence that we could get those results in our future games 

Pivotal day IMO - we now go to the wire - victory today would have given us a buffer..

I think you're putting way too much into this one result. A win would've been a huge boost but it wouldn't have settled things. Just because we lost in the end doesn't necessarily mean it'll go to the wire either. Individual games rarely involve absolutes and this is no exception.

OK - Thanks for the clarification.

I disagree - a win today - over a reasonable side would have changed everything.

• It would have taken us to 31 points - One win and one draw away from probable safety
  •  
  • Also beating a reasonable Swansea side - would give me confidence that we could get those results in our future games 

Pivotal day IMO - we now go to the wire - victory today would have given us a buffer..

I think you're putting way too much into this one result. A win would've been a huge boost but it wouldn't have settled things. Just because we lost in the end doesn't necessarily mean it'll go to the wire either. Individual games rarely involve absolutes and this is no exception.

OK - Thanks for the clarification.

Is that sarcasm? :wacko:

It's annoying because I don't think we've deserved to lose any games under Sherwood. Stoke was a draw but for a moment of individual error, same for Newcastle really. And today I think a draw would have been most fair, as do most others I sense.

I don't think we've been unlucky because most results, bar Burnley beating City, have gone our way. It just could have been a lot better right now.

Dunno - Swansea missed a couple of sitters - and Clark I think kicked one of the line. Overall no complaints about the result. I did think we had weathered the storm and secured a point - However I don't think we were unlucky today on the balance of play...

• Like 1

Anyone noticed the Arsenal-Sunderland match has been put back to the last midweek of the season so Sunderland will finish the season away to Arsenal and then Chelsea.

They need to pick up some points quickly so hopefully the last minute goal has knocked the stuffing out of them.

QPR are right back in this if they win v Everton, they'd be 3 points off us with them coming to VP in the next two weeks.

Hopefully Everton can nick a draw but playing them just after they've been to Kiev and back, you couldn't ask for better fixture planning than that.

Very disappointing result today even worse we have to now dwell on it over the international break.. We needed a buffer as some very tough games upcoming now, so back into the melting pot we go after a blissful couple of weeks respite.

We need a result at one of the Manc grounds or Spurs to compensate for today and put us back on track though that's wishful thinking.

Very disappointing result today even worse we have to now dwell on it over the international break.. We needed a buffer as some very tough games upcoming now, so back into the melting pot we go after a blissful couple of weeks respite.

We need a result at one of the Manc grounds or Spurs to compensate for today and put us back on track though that's wishful thinking.

We're in a better position than we were two weeks ago and if QPR and Hull lose tomorrow we'll be in pretty much the same position (points and GD-wise) as last week.

For the next three or four games I think ourselves, Hull and Burnley will be pretty close to each other but as we approach the end of the season Burnley have some games they'll fancy doing well in. we might be depending on Hull doing badly in their difficult games and not pulling of any shocks, because I think Sunderland should be okay with their fixtures.