Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Everton aren't in this, 31 points decent goal difference and they'll get 4 points at least from Sunderland and Burnley home games plus at VP as Martinez has a very good record on our ground.

Palace and WBA aren't in this either.

Sunderland were brutal yesterday, their best player was arrested for having sex with a 15 year old, manager sent off the game before and half the stadium evacuated yesterday before half time, it's like us under Lambert, I'll be surprised if they pick up 4 more points without even looking at their games.

True, however they've got Newcastle coming up. If they win that things could change for them. Hopefully they stick with Poyet.

Newcastle can raise their game, I am sure they would love to add to their misery, I think that Sunderland team had no direction or belief at all.

3 points for us next weekend & defeats to Sunderland & Burnley will have us looking up not down, if we are not already.

Still massively in it for me. It looks an awful awful lot better but that was a bad result at Turf Moor for us last night imo. Got some very very tough games coming up and there isn't an awful lot in it.

Surely surely surely based on yesterday's game, based on being two points ahead of Sunderland now, having a better goal difference than them now, them struggling to score and having their most creative player suspended for police investigation.....surely you have to be a very negative fan to think Sunderland will still finish above us in the league. They still have games like Arsenal and Chelsea away aswell, indeed they've got Chelsea away on the final day.

Burnley springing into life dosen't unduly worry me tbh as imo they'll just replace Sunderland in that bottom 3. Indeed looking at the fixtures Hull are not out of this by a long way as their last five home games are: Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Burnley and Man. United.

If we beat swansea - we are (IMO) 1 win away from safety.  35 points was enough last year - 34 would be squeaky bum time - but I reckon would be enough. Burnley seen to spring the odd result - but so far don't seem able to win on a regular basis......heres hoping....

Swansea have absolutely nothing to play for - that said no manager sends his team out to roll over....The highest place team weve played under Sherwood..... 

Sunderland do have a few games that are in the winnable category if they could manage to score goals and defend properly, if the new manager comes in and cant sort that out the have a chance of surviving. Looking at the fixtures to come Hull have a terrible run in and its hard to see them getting more than 3 or 4 points maximum, we should have enough to finish above them which should be enough to avoid the drop.

If we can get a win on Saturday we would have to have a major collapse not be in real danger.

Sunderland do have a few games that are in the winnable category if they could manage to score goals and defend properly, if the new manager comes in and cant sort that out the have a chance of surviving. Looking at the fixtures to come Hull have a terrible run in and its hard to see them getting more than 3 or 4 points maximum, we should have enough to finish above them which should be enough to avoid the drop.

If we can get a win on Saturday we would have to have a major collapse not be in real danger.

You've got to wonder who would want the job though. Very tough situation to go into Dick Advocat is fav according to the bookies, with Big Sam 2nd fav.

I think Sunderland had a good chance of staying up even if they'd have kept Poyet, for the simple fact that they have quite a few winnable games left to play especially in comparison to teams like Hull and QPR.

1. Don't know why Big Sam would leave West Ham for Sunderland given the mess they are in. Also a new stadium round the corner for West Ham

2. Don't know why West Ham fans give Big Sam so much stick. Most of them now seem to want him out. Where the **** do they expect to be? Deluded jokers

wish we were on the right side of 30 points, still very nervous

Very frustrating aswell because we easily could be. Just a few things off the top of my head:

Harry Kane bs free kick last minute, should've been 1-1

Ron Vlaar nightmare vs stoke, should've been 1-1

Stupid Okore penalty giveaway vs burnley, should've been 0-1

But I guess most teams could say stuff like this.

If we beat swansea - we are (IMO) 1 win away from safety.  35 points was enough last year - 34 would be squeaky bum time - but I reckon would be enough. Burnley seen to spring the odd result - but so far don't seem able to win on a regular basis......heres hoping....

Swansea have absolutely nothing to play for - that said no manager sends his team out to roll over....The highest place team weve played under Sherwood..... 

Stoke are the highest placed.

Stoke are the highest placed.

Were they at the time though..  :detect: