Paul Lambert

limpid

Will defeat tomorrow spell the beginning of the end for Lambert with mighty hard league fixtures around the corner??

No, but Sunday might.

Please let's not have a "beginning of the end". Let's have an end, or a magnificent turnaround. Anything but half a season of boos and bitterness.

Will defeat tomorrow spell the beginning of the end for Lambert with mighty hard league fixtures around the corner??

No, but Sunday might.

Please let's not have a "beginning of the end". Let's have an end, or a magnificent turnaround. Anything but half a season of boos and bitterness.

Spot on if we lose he should resign. We have 2 games then which anything will be a bonus so gives a bit of time to get someone in!!! But if we are up for it we should win.

No, but Sunday might.

Spot on if we lose he should resign. We have 2 games then which anything will be a bonus so gives a bit of time to get someone in!!! But if we are up for it we should win.

I'm not quite as trigger happy as you, but if he wants to have the banners out then losing this game will probably do the trick.

No, but Sunday might.

I'm not quite as trigger happy as you, but if he wants to have the banners out then losing this game will probably do the trick.

Haha I know so when I saw a glimpse I thought i'd make the most of it!! He needs a win or it'll be messy and even his last few fans will be at breaking point!

I hope for Lambert's sake that he sells Benteke soon for £30 million.

He'll suddenly become such a good manager!

That's an interesting opinion for you to have!

Given that Mcleish managed 16th place and was sacked for under performing with the squad I think it is not unrealistic to expect a decent improvement as based on the transfer incomings-outgoings we know that Lambert has spent more than 11 of the current premier league teams (9 if we exclude Saints/Spurs).

If we sold Benteke for £30m as per your example (and assuming the funds were not reinvested) then I would lower my expectations of what Lambert should be able to achieve from that point.

Some may argue as Lambert is apparently the best manager we have had in over 30 years he would be able to cope without Benteke.

Given that Mcleish managed 16th place and was sacked for under performing with the squad I think it is not unrealistic to expect a decent improvement as based on the transfer incomings-outgoings we know that Lambert has spent more than 11 of the current premier league teams (9 if we exclude Saints/Spurs).

If we sold Benteke for £30m as per your example (and assuming the funds were not reinvested) then I would lower my expectations of what Lambert should be able to achieve from that point.

Some may argue as Lambert is apparently the best manager we have had in over 30 years he would be able to cope without Benteke.

You've never mentioned any of this before!

• Like 1

Has anyone read that piece Robbie Savage did about Villa's attack?

http://tinyurl.com/nwajj2t

Although I never liked him as a player I have to agree with a lot of what he says on this particular issue!

Hard to disagree with any of that tbh.

Yeah Savage has gone up in my estimation. One or two issues with that, not least overstating the importance of Vlaar, but a decent effort (for a no good scurvy dog of a bluenose).

• Like 1

He's a tw@t who is jumping on the bandwagon because he sees an opportunity being an ex bluenose. Don't rate him as a pundit.

What's he got wrong?

Never liked him as a player, but I could see someone from this site writing that article. It's perfectly fair, our attack is an embarrassment.

• Like 1

Could you let me know again how many teams we've outspent going by net spend?

I didn't catch it the first time (or the 11,000 after that)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Â