Paul Lambert

limpid

In some ways I admire Lambert for sticking around but on the other hand I think he probably knows he isn't going to get a similar paid job elsewhere and it's very unlikely Lerner would ever sack him.

He has thick skin though because boy is he going to get some stick this season justified or not.

I think the vast majority of fans are happy to give him another try. Don't let those who shout the loudest fool you. Results will dictate, as ever.

It's amazing how a close season washes peoples memories of what has gone on in the 2 seasons before.

We go again.

• Like 2

I look at Pulis and how he has acted and actually think that Lambert deserves more credit for how he has acted under Lerner.

Pulis is throwing his toys out of the pram because of his signings, on the day they sign Martin Kelly. He wouldn't stick around for more than a week if he was our manager.

• Like 1

Lambert, please will you sort out Delph, Vlaar and Grealish's contracts THIS week?! If we have to go into a season, with the window still open and their contracts not sorted, I will be very, very disappointed in you.

I think that's a ridiculous thing to get disappointed about - it's a lot more than just him involved here and he probably, as Jonah said, has very little if anything to do with contracts.
I'm not buying it. Of course he won't be putting together the contract etc, but he's the manager right now. The decision is surely with him to renew or not renew player contracts, and I would imagine it's up to him when a new contract is offered to a player, and what level of salary he is offered (within Lerners set budget). I concede that if offers are already on the table, then ongoing negotiations (agents/ terms) could be holding things up, but surely 2, 3 or 4 weeks is too long to have negotiations? Vlaar's future is uncertain, but I can't imagine that Grealish and Delph don't want to extend their stay here, so why has nothing being finalised....... yet.

In some ways I admire Lambert for sticking around but on the other hand I think he probably knows he isn't going to get a similar paid job elsewhere and it's very unlikely Lerner would ever sack him.

He has thick skin though because boy is he going to get some stick this season justified or not.

I think the vast majority of fans

are happy to give him another try. Don't let those who shout the loudest fool you. Results will dictate, as ever.

'Vast majority'!!! This is a joke, right ?

Maybe the vast majority on people on here.

I haven't forgotten the last 2 years of absolute shite.

The crap home performances, the lack of wins, the struggles to avoid relegation, the regular cup defeats by lower league opposition, record defeats, lack of tactics and lack of ideas.

Maybe the summer sunshine has bleached the memories of the 'vast majority'.

The only reason he is still in a job is because his boss is a coward, who expected to sell the club and let the new owners do the deed.

There is not another club in the country where he would have survived last season.

The sooner lambert is gone, the better.

Signed, the minority.

• Like 3

There is not another club in the country where he would have survived last season.

I don't know why people keep saying this. It means nothing really as each club has its own different set of circumstances.

• Like 1

I'm not sure the vast majority will give him another chance and i think that could cause real problems.  He lost the away support last season and i thought a large section of the home support felt the same by the end.  A poor start and it could get nasty early on.

• Like 1

I don't know why people keep saying this. It means nothing really as each club has its own different set of circumstances.

Of course every club has it's own circumstances. What's you point?

He is only still in a job because of the 'sell off' there is little doubt about that.

I'm not sure the vast majority will give him another chance and i think that could cause real problems.  He lost the away support last season and i thought a large section of the home support felt the same by the end.  A poor start and it could get nasty early on.

He's already lost the friggin 'friendlies' crowd.

Booing and anti lambert feeling at Groninghen.

He is only still in a job because of the 'sell off' there is little doubt about that.

That statements like "if he were at another club he wouldn't have survived" are pointless because of those differing circumstances.

Not only that but it's completely speculative as well without any factual basis whatsoever.

Is that true? I hadn't read that.

I think it's something that is going to happen unfortunately, we get off to a poor start and the fans will be on him.

That statements like "if he were at another club he wouldn't have survived" are pointless because of those differing circumstances.

Not only that but it's completely speculative as well without any factual basis whatsoever.

Maybe speculative but i think it's a fair comment.  I can't think of any other club who would have stuck with a manager after those two seasons.  The fact Lerner wants to sell and no one with any ambition would come has played a big part in Paul Lambert being employed still.

It's a f ucking discussion board, people post their opinion and thoughts. Is everything posted on here based on fact?

Is it 'fact' the vast majority of fans are prepared to give him another try ??

Yeah but then the crowd started singing 'were gonna win the league' so calm down m8 cus we are gonna win the league because the crowd at the Groningen friendly sang it and they are never wrong!

Steps-to-Exciting-Content-Marketing-in-a

• Like 1

Maybe speculative but i think it's a fair comment.  I can't think of any other club who would have stuck with a manager after those two seasons.  The fact Lerner wants to sell and no one with any ambition would come has played a big part in Paul Lambert being employed still.

I can't think of many other clubs that have had the kind of turmoil that we've had, not to mention the restrictions Lambert's been put under.

As I said though, it's completely pointless because if Lambert were at a different club he might get different results - we just don't know. I think it's pretty clear though that the biggest problem at Villa is Lerner and has been for some time. Not much would change if Lambert went.

It's a f ucking discussion board, people post their opinion and thoughts. Is everything posted on here based on fact?

Is it 'fact' the vast majority of fans are prepared to give him another try ??

You're completely missing the point, and I never even commented on that bit about the majority of fans prepared to give him another try.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

We're lucky to still be a Premier League club and if all we plan to do is continue surviving, I have no problem with Lambert staying because so far he's done what's been asked.

Whilst Lerner stays, we won't be doing much else and no manager can change that.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

I think the vast majority of fans

are happy to give him another try. Don't let those who shout the loudest fool you. Results will dictate, as ever.

'Vast majority'!!! This is a joke, right ?

Maybe the vast majority on people on here.

I haven't forgotten the last 2 years of absolute shite.

The crap home performances, the lack of wins, the struggles to avoid relegation, the regular cup defeats by lower league opposition, record defeats, lack of tactics and lack of ideas.

Maybe the summer sunshine has bleached the memories of the 'vast majority'.

The only reason he is still in a job is because his boss is a coward, who expected to sell the club and let the new owners do the deed.

The sooner lambert is gone, the better.

Signed, the minority.

Not a joke. Neither was I expressing a personal opinion, so no need to get shitty with me pal.

• Like 4

Â