Paul Lambert

limpid

We have some reasonably good players in this squad. Delph, Weimann, Gabby, Westwood to name a few. Lamberts biggest issue is getting 100% from these players. Weather its a confidence issue, positional issue, motivational issue. Lambert nearly all season has not been able to get the best out of these players. He even lost Benteke's quality for half the season excluding injuries. 

There has gotta be a manager that can motivate this team better. If they all play at 100% we have a good team. We have beat Chelsea, Arsenal etc for example. When I look at VT'S stats on the players after a good win all the players are 8 or above. Lambert is not a manager that can get consistancy out of this squad, never has been and for this reason there is no defence for him. We rarely see a game where we play out our skins but still lose. All loses seem to come from mistakes, poor play, tactics.....

Yes, we could have new owners, money, better players come in. But can we honestly say Lambert will be able to get the best out of these higher quallity players, the consistencey we need and the correct tactics to suit these players. I have no confidence he can do this. Beating Chelsea then going on a losing steak is proof of this. In my opinion Lambert should have gone Christmas time and I do really think we would have been in a better position for it, even if it ment the Culverhouse/karsa issues wouldn't have happened because this blatently had a big effect on the players, something Lambert seemed to have got away with, even though my belief is he played a big part in this.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

So apparently we would have got 5-8 points more (at least) if Benteke hadn't got injured.

That word again "if"

Benteke played most of last season and we were rubbish for most of that one too.

Benteke managed 26 league games this season. But in how many were he fully fit?

So apparently we would have got 5-8 points more (at least) if Benteke hadn't got injured.

That word again "if"

Benteke played most of last season and we were rubbish for most of that one too.

Who knows in how many games was he fully fit but it would be remiss of any manager to play a player for so long if not fully fit and risk a lengthier and more debilitating injury.

That word again "if"

Who knows in how many games was he fully fit but it would be remiss of any manager to play a player for so long if not fully fit and risk a lengthier and more debilitating injury.

But Benteke himself said HE passed himself fit and wanted to play - what should Lambert have done - said he couldn't play - imaging the shit he'd of got if that had come out - fit player not played by said manager. Sometimes you cannot phsyically see if an injury has healed - if the players says himslef he i fit what do you do - call him a liar? 

Just saying.

TBH I'm not sure a fit benteke would have made much difference. Our approach to football this season wouldn't have got the best out of him.

christian-benteke-goal-norwich-aston-vil

He can get the best out of himself, I think we all know that. To state that he wouldn't of made much difference is a bit ridiculous to be honest mate, of course he would have and any team who loses their star striker would feel it.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

TBH I'm not sure a fit benteke would have made much difference. Our approach to football this season wouldn't have got the best out of him.

christian-benteke-goal-norwich-aston-vil

He can get the best out of himself, I think we all know that. To state that he wouldn't of made much difference is a bit ridiculous to be honest made, of course he would have and any team who loses their star striker would feel it.

How many times did he do that though? He's not ronaldo and he's not going to consistently just make a goal out of nothing. With benteke this season we haven't looked great. We rely on hoofball up to him and IMO for most of the season wasted having such a quality player. I think with a different approach benteke could have made a big difference but the stats show with him wasn't that much different this season.

Xela and Pacbuddies, note how I said he's TRIED to make us a team that can score. He certainly hasn't succeeded, with the odd exception e.g Norwich at home.

How has he tried? What's he done?

Of course with a different approach he would make a big difference, a huge difference even. 'How many times did he do that?', well that is the point, if he was 100% fit he'd do it more often I'd assume just like he did last season. 

I'm not saying we've looked great with Benteke, but without him we are a lot worse off. 

Edited by samjp26

That word again "if"

But Benteke himself said HE passed himself fit and wanted to play - what should Lambert have done - said he couldn't play - imaging the shit he'd of got if that had come out - fit player not played by said manager. Sometimes you cannot phsyically see if an injury has healed - if the players says himslef he i fit what do you do - call him a liar? 

Just saying.

Manage him. Monitor his play. even us as fans could see he wasn't completely fit!

I think his signings have been too focused on attacking players.

I think in playing Benteke Agbonlahor and Weimann all together he has tried to get us scoring goals. Hasn't worked out though I agree.

I agree he's put attackers out there but I think our style of play IMO hasn't been very attacking.

That word again "if"

Just saying.

Manage him. Monitor his play. even us as fans could see he wasn't completely fit!

He did - as soon as it was noticed he was back in treatment - didn't he go to Belgium for a while? I seem to remember him come back in - then back out again after it became obvious he was not fit. Then he came back and scored a few goals then had that unfortunate achilles injury.

The £10m or so spent on Kozak and Tonev would have been better spent on a creative midfielder.

Although I think Kozak would have had a decent season.

There is no way they cost £10m. If he'd had that much to spend on two players, he would have gone for completely different players I'm sure. I think it's common knowledge that he wanted to sign a creative midfielder but for a variety of reasons he couldn't get one in. If the takeover does happen and there is a decent budget, I think Lambert could find some really good players judging from the more expensive ones he has signed, and tried to sign since being here. If we get better players in then surely it wouldn't just be hoofball, it's not as if that was his Plan A when he took over.

Â