Paul Lambert

limpid

I think after palace and once Southampton start running rings around us, the crowd will turn en masse against Lambert & his cronies. This season at B6 has been the very definition of unacceptable

And this has been predicted time and time before and has yet to happen.

Why's it so hard to accept that people can see the bigger picture?

Yet to happen because we pulled a result out the bag. WBA at home and Norwich at home were on the verge.

. I just don't see why people choose to defend a man who surely has brought them very little joy supporting their team.

If it was all his fault I would agree, but of course it isn't.
But then surely you blame the others rather than defend one of the guilty party.

I'm not really sure what you mean. The owner, manager, players, coaching staff etc are all "guilty" of putting us where we are, some more so than others, but do they all deserve the sack?

. I just don't see why people choose to defend a man who surely has brought them very little joy supporting their team.

But then surely you blame the others rather than defend one of the guilty party.
I'm not really sure what you mean. The owner, manager, players, coaching staff etc are all "guilty" of putting us where we are, some more so than others, but do they all deserve the sack?

Most of them yes.

Just reading through the thread, as I've not been on for a day...

I think it is an extreme exaggeration to say that Lambert had to rebuild the club from ground up" - he had experienced players such as Gabby, Guzan, Albrighton, Delph, Clark, Baker and Herd to draw on.

Albrighton and Herd included in our list of 7 'experienced' players :D
I'm catching up as well, this has to be my favourite so far, even Clark and baker! And guzan that had hardly kicked a ball in the prem and was released.
Yeh, you're just catching up so I guess you haven't read my post yet telling the person who posted this (and by implication all those who unthinkingly pile in to support) in the nicest way possible not to be so silly. ;)

Oh I've read it alright, experienced junior players. OK then!

I think after palace and once Southampton start running rings around us, the crowd will turn en masse against Lambert & his cronies. This season at B6 has been the very definition of unacceptable

Yet to happen because we pulled a result out the bag. WBA at home and Norwich at home were on the verge.

So keep predicting and it nay come true one day.

Most of them yes.

Wow, that's some rebuilding job.

Well it will only come true if Lambert continues to fail.

Most of them yes.

Yep. That's the mess we're currently in.

Most of them yes.

So start at the top then?

There's no point in getting rid of the manager if the owner is still going to operate the same way, a way that is very difficult to survive in the prem.

Most of them yes.

delusions of grandeur (noun) - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are

Most of them yes.
So start at the top then?

There's no point in getting rid of the manager if the owner is still going to operate the same way, a way that is very difficult to survive in the prem.

If I had a choice between Lerner and Lambert leaving I'd pick Lerner every time.

The boos from the Holte had started to resonate out at 0-1 v Norwich and playing poorly

The boos from the Holte had started to resonate out at 0-1 v Norwich and playing poorly

The crowd were ready to explode like they did with houllier and McLeish that game. Benteke had a moment of magic to stop it.

I think its a case of when not if the crowd completly turn.

Good job a game is 90 mins then.

Booing doesn't really say much, who was the booing aimed at?

I was at the game and there really want much booing from where I was sat. In fact the wba game would of been a better example.

The crowd were ready to explode like they did with houllier and McLeish that game. Benteke had a moment of magic to stop it.

They really weren't ready to explode, absolute rubbish.

• Like 1

I think it is an extreme exaggeration to say that Lambert had to rebuild the club from ground up" - he had experienced players such as Gabby, Guzan, Albrighton, Delph, Clark, Baker and Herd to draw on.

I'm catching up as well, this has to be my favourite so far, even Clark and baker! And guzan that had hardly kicked a ball in the prem and was released.
Yeh, you're just catching up so I guess you haven't read my post yet telling the person who posted this (and by implication all those who unthinkingly pile in to support) in the nicest way possible not to be so silly. ;)
I quoted this, and I didn't realise you were responding to me earlier.

IIRC, you were saying that your post was selectively quoted/ taken out of context or some nonsense. It wasn't. You listed those players when explaining that we had experienced players in the squad. That was the point I laughed at.

Either you simply failed to mention the other, actual experienced players that he had or you genuinely thought that they were the experienced players Lambert had available. Either way, your post wasn't taken out of context or selectively quoted.

We didn't lose Benteke for the majority of the season though so it is a moot point.

If you read the whole post instead of reading the first sentence and reacting, people might start to take you more seriously.
I read it fine thanks. In no way does it nullify either the factualness or the relevance of my response.

Edit: The final bit is just self-pretentious babble which mistakenly assumes that I value my reputation in the eyes of you and your ilk. Newsflash...I don't which is why I've happily been a pariah (in terms of my views) on here throughout the season.

If you read it again you'll realise it does. He said we haven't had a FULLY-FIT Benteke for most of the season. Your response reads like you're responding to someone claiming that we'd been without him entirely for the majority of the season.

Self-pretentious babble? Okay. Nice one.

Me and my ilk, what does that mean Isa?

So the fans were ready to explode just as happened with Houllier and just as happened with McLeish. Then if it happens a third time with Lambert he'll get sacked. Fantastic.

Sacking Lambert won't do a thing. We'll get a manager in that's inexperienced enough or poor enough to want to take on this shit job. Then he'll have to rebuild, sell the players he doesn't rate (going by many on here that might be quite a few) and buy new ones with limited funds. He'll get one season where the target is to survive. Then the season after that he has to produce. He doesn't and he's sacked. We're on a roundabout in hell with Lerner at the helm and unless he goes or something massive changes then it'll just continue.

I'm not happy with this season and Lambert has made plenty of mistakes. Sacking him wont fix the big problem though.

• Like 2

IIRC, you were saying that your post was selectively quoted/ taken out of context or some nonsense. It wasn't. You listed those players when explaining that we had experienced players in the squad. That was the point I laughed at.

Either you simply failed to mention the other, actual experienced players that he had or you genuinely thought that they were the experienced players Lambert had available. Either way, your post wasn't taken out of context or selectively quoted.

My post was selectively quoted by you and others in a way that was totally distorting of the point I was making. If you've read it again and still don't get what I was saying, I will let you off deliberate misquoting.

Let me have a final go at explaining my point: the allegation was that Lambert had to rebuild the club FROM THE GROUND UP. I made a number of points to counter this absurd statement, including pointing out that a number of the players that Lambert has used were already in the squad and had premier league experience. So he didn't have to rebuild the club FROM THE GROUND UP. Hope that is clear now.

I must say if those seeking to defend Lambert's poor performance are having to distort arguments in this way, the game is almost up.

• Like 1

My post was selectively quoted by you and others in a way that was totally distorting of the point I was making. If you've read it again and still don't get what I was saying, I will let you off deliberate misquoting.

Let me have a final go at explaining my point: the allegation was that Lambert had to rebuild the club FROM THE GROUND UP. I made a number of points to counter this absurd statement, including pointing out that a number of the players that Lambert has used were already in the squad and had premier league experience. So he didn't have to rebuild the club FROM THE GROUND UP. Hope that is clear now.

I must say if those seeking to defend Lambert's poor performance are having to distort arguments in this way, the game is almost up.

Maybe its just that you've worded it badly.

I wouldn't say he's had to build the club up, but he's certainly had to a strip it back whilst keeping us in the league. I'm sure you agree with that or has he done it for the fun of it?

I don't doubt your argument regarding 'from the ground up', but I stand by what I posted. Listing Herd and Albrighton in a list of experienced players to draw on, whether part of a longer point or not, is odd.

Â