Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm pleased to see you think all these terrible signings of Lambert's are capable of a top half finish, Isa.

Amo69: Don't be silly now. A decent manager isn't going to take Lerner's 2 million a year and the road to career oblivion when he can take somebody else's 2 m a year.

He will be gone in the summer my friends. Mark my words.

Yep. No way can this shit continue.

It probably will if the financial restrictions remain, regardless of who is manager.
So if let's say Rodgers or Martinez had come to the club instead of Lambert you reckon our results wouldn't have been better or our football wouldn't have been more pleasing on the eye?

That's what you are defending Lambert with and what has been a consistent defence of Lambert on this forum that given the players already here and Lambert's budget over two seasons that no other manager could have done any better. Either you are extremely narrow minded or simply you are not prepared to admit that your faith in Lambert has proven to be unfounded.

I'm pleased to see you think all these terrible signings of Lambert's are capable of a top half finish, Isa.

Amo69: Don't be silly now. A decent manager isn't going to take Lerner's 2 million a year and the road to career oblivion when he can take somebody else's 2 m a year.

He will be gone in the summer my friends. Mark my words.
Yep. No way can this shit continue.

It probably will if the financial restrictions remain, regardless of who is manager.
So if let's say Rodgers or Martinez had come to the club instead of Lambert you reckon our results wouldn't have been better or our football wouldn't have been more pleasing on the eye?

That's what you are defending Lambert with and what has been a consistent defence of Lambert on this forum that given the players already here and Lambert's budget over two seasons that no other manager could have done any better. Either you are extremely narrow minded or simply you are not prepared to admit that your faith in Lambert has proven to be unfounded.

Like I said in a previous post, its ridiculous to think this is the best we can expect.

Wasn't Lambert the Villa fans choice?

Yep hence why we are also part of what's wrong with the club. The fact is we all want to be back in the top 6. Any manager that comes in and doesn't achieve that in a week is a clueless Muppet.

Nobody wants to accept the realism of where we are, anyone that does is labeled as being dumb and having lowered expectations.

Whilst Lerner is only giving this much financial backing, there is no quick way out, no magic man to come in. It's long term.

To think this is the best we can hope for, even with financial restraints, is ridiculous.

You're putting words in his mouth - he didn't say anything about 'the best we can hope for'. 

And as for discounting league position, stop being ridiculous - it's the only way to decide who's the best, 2nd best, 3rd best etc team in the country. It's after 38 games, it doesn't hide anything. 

All this amazing confidence that Lambert's going to go is quite laughable really.

Lambert is doing badly because of things beyond his control. You/we might not be able to grasp that, but Randy Lerner most certainly will.

Do you think he will grasp the number of empty seats at Villa park each week? (Based on sales because he will clearly never see it).

I think he already realises, I just hope that that convinces him to release some of the financial restrictions rather than sack Lambert and have the situation pop up again in 18 months time.

All this amazing confidence that Lambert's going to go is quite laughable really.

Lambert is doing badly because of things beyond his control. You/we might not be able to grasp that, but Randy Lerner most certainly will.

Do you think he will grasp the number of empty seats at Villa park each week? (Based on sales because he will clearly never see it).
I think he already realises, I just hope that that convinces him to release some of the financial restrictions rather than sack Lambert and have the situation pop up again in 18 months time.
It's no certainty the situation could pop up in 18 months time. He could release the financial constrictions and get a new manager in.
Or he could just get a new manager in who performs better within the same budget constraints? Edited by shaggy

Yep hence why we are also part of what's wrong with the club. The fact is we all want to be back in the top 6. Any manager that comes in and doesn't achieve that in a week is a clueless Muppet.

Nobody wants to accept the realism of where we are, anyone that does is labeled as being dumb and having lowered expectations.

Whilst Lerner is only giving this much financial backing, there is no quick way out, no magic man to come in. It's long term.

To think this is the best we can hope for, even with financial restraints, is ridiculous.

You're putting words in his mouth - he didn't say anything about 'the best we can hope for'.

And as for discounting league position, stop being ridiculous - it's the only way to decide who's the best, 2nd best, 3rd best etc team in the country. It's after 38 games, it doesn't hide anything.

League position doesn't prove improvement though, that's my point.

Points show how you've done over 38 games. League shows how you've done compared to everyone else. We're going to end up with a very similar points total, hence the talk of improvement being rubbish.

Yeah Laudrup ! -the guy not wanted by Swansea.oh, er no, er, Steve Bruce, the guy not wanted by Sunderland..oh, er no..Pulis (!) the guy not wanted by Stoke...oh, er no...er Hughes, the guy not wanted by QPR, .....oh I've got it..Steve Clark, the guy..etc etc etc....

Or Lambert who breaks all records at our club for the wrong reasons.

....does the club select managers on basis of what the fans think?...Mcleish, houllier

We don't have the advantage of interviewing them.... we just base our opinions on snip bits.

Did the Arsenal Fans know who Arsene Wenger was when he was in Japan....David Dein did, he made it business to know, that what you have Directors WITH Nous for.

While i agree that he has got a poor squad the way we use them is his fault. The lack of movement from set pieces, the lack of ability to find space, the constant lack of concentration, the poor passing. all of this is not down to money, watch any championship or even league 1 game and you will see that this is a standard requirement from players at this level. I do not blame tactics or how we are set up for our problems it is the managers and coaching staffs job to sort this out. What I can accept is when we are beaten with skill as in 1 touch football, a player skins one of ours with skill as in Hazard. This is normal and is down to experience and ability. Not tracking or marking players though is basic coaching. 

I believed in PL when we got him and even liked the new approach of young and keen, the problem is though that we should now be seeing a general improvement with the young players as the experience grows and they are taught new skills. This though is not happening for what ever reason and can not be placed at Randys door.

• Like 3

Came across this when looking at some of the older posts from this thread:

Regardless of what we did under McLeish, we're much more entertaining now, for better or worse! 

f**king 7 defenders.. My arse.

If we include Bacuna (which is fair seeing as Herd counts as a defender in the above claim), then that was seven defenders used today. A good way to add to a season that has been McLeish-esque for practically it's entire duration.

Good point.

What good manager would consider coming to a club that has been heading for the championship the past four years?

No one.

Edited by bose
  • Like 1

Came across this when looking at some of the older posts from this thread:

Regardless of what we did under McLeish, we're much more entertaining now, for better or worse! 

f**king 7 defenders.. My arse.

If we include Bacuna (which is fair seeing as Herd counts as a defender in the above claim), then that was seven defenders used today. A good way to add to a season that has been McLeish-esque for practically it's entire duration.

Good point.

I wouldn't call Bacuna a defensive player, but I would call Herd one. 

The biggest disappointment to me is that I thought PL would come in and change our style of play and our philosophy on football, we still after 5 years are watching hoof ball most of the time and counter attacking play. Any new manager that came in would need 2 or 3 years to turn it round again unless he had a big pot to buy players who can do this already

Give me lambert over solksjaer anyday. To be honest I can't see any improvement next season and think we will be lucky to survive. Lambert will not last the full season if we have another season like were having now but until then I'd stick with him. Lerner is the bigger problem imo.

Â