Paul Lambert

limpid

Well Wigan were relegated last year as well, so maybe not the best example there!

Pulis is doing okay so far at Palace, but how many of us want him as Aston Villa manager? I'd guess not many.

Much as it grieves me to say it I am virtually certain he could get more out of our current squad than Lambert. Maybe not an inspired appointment but Lambert is killing our club in Lerners name.

The tactics argument just doesn't wash with me. To follow tactics properly you need players who can execute them, they cost money. We don't have money.

Nobody ever says a manager's tactics were poor after a win, and nobody ever says a manager's tactics were good after a defeat.

It's a results business, which comes down to the players again.

Whatever you think of Harry Redknapp, he's a reasonably successful manager who is quite open about the limited value of tactics.

Your joking aren't you? There has been extensive debate on this thread about poor tactics after we have won games.

And as I said before, has a manager never achieved reasonable success with a limited budget then? And to say the problem isn't down to the tactics but the players inability to follow them because they aren't expensive enough, I wonder how all these sides in england outside the premiership manage to function.

• Like 2

Amo69, I'll give you oral pleasure if Lambert goes in the summer.

(Sacked, that is. If he quits in disgust at the lack of a transfer kitty it's no deal)

Is it just me that finds that very disturbing?  :)

Amo69, I'll give you oral pleasure if Lambert goes in the summer.

(Sacked, that is. If he quits in disgust at the lack of a transfer kitty it's no deal)

I'm confused about whether I want him to get to sacked now.

• Like 1

The tactics argument just doesn't wash with me. To follow tactics properly you need players who can execute them, they cost money. We don't have money.

Nobody ever says a manager's tactics were poor after a win, and nobody ever says a manager's tactics were good after a defeat.

Whatever you think of Harry Redknapp, he's a reasonably successful manager who is quite open about the limited value of tactics.

Your joking aren't you? There has been extensive debate on this thread about poor tactics after we have won games.

And as I said before, has a manager never achieved reasonable success with a limited budget then? And to say the problem isn't down to the tactics but the players inability to follow them because they aren't expensive enough, I wonder how all these sides in england outside the premiership manage to function.

Point me in the direction of this "extensive debate". If it really exists, my bet is that it's a few people with pre-set agendas spouting absolute nonsense that they have no way of backing up.

I don't know what that stuff about sides outside the premiership means. It doesn't matter what league you're in, if you're playing against better players you tend to get beaten in the long run.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 2

I realise Lambert has financial restrictions and all and he may turn out to be good. But for me I will be happy for a change in the new season. Its bull to say no one would come here. Cause im sure in reality there will be managers gagging for this job, an yes mantis even quality managers, weather we have financial restrictions or not. Before you ask, my view is we have to have a foreign manager next, with completely different philosophies.

With respect to our squad, I believe the coaching here over the last two seasons has been awful and inexplicable. There is no excuse for a young team to regress under a so called quality manager in Lambert. You watch the better teams and see running off the ball, confidence to keep the ball without keep passing back to the keeper, throws to defenders, consistency. After two seasons we should have the skills to do the basics, play like a team and not flap when we have the ball passing back to Guzan at every chance.

A new manager will use different tactics, formations, coaching skills, no one can deny this isn't needed at this present time in our club, something the present manager has shown will never change.

What? So we cant have players that can execute tactics? So everyone below us in the league and championship and below don't have tactics/players that can play to them? I said Lamberts tactics were poor after a lot of games, why? Because he uses the same system every game and just slaps players into where he sees fit.

He uses a 4-3-2-1, with Gabby and Weimann behind Benteke for most the season, they aren't wingers and they don't help the midfield because they don't have great control or passing. We have a midfield 3 who do not compliment each other at all.

Who put Albrighton in the no.10 role last week playing behind the striker?

We can all see there was a huge gap between the midfield and front line, we needed a midfielder who was more attack minded, instead he went and bought a backup striker in Kozak.

Tactics are a huge part of the game, along with the players you put in them and he has bought this entire team and yet he is still sticking square pegs in round holes. How do you think Jose Mourinho has won so much? The 2 CL wins with Porto and Inter were all down his man management and tactics.

• Like 2

Well Wigan were relegated last year as well, so maybe not the best example there!

Pulis is doing okay so far at Palace, but how many of us want him as Aston Villa manager? I'd guess not many.

You could make a pretty good argument that Wigan would've been relegated long before last season were it not for the quality of their manager.  AND they won the FA Cup.

The point I'm making is that having a limited budget isn't a guarantee of consistently poor performances.  I cited two managers who have got more than their moneys worth out of their teams.

I don't agree with this. When he can't even get the basics right including organisation then there is fundamentally a problem. If we had a manager with a little creativity then maybe that will transfer onto the pitch as we clearly have zero. His approach to motivating the team is clapping madly on the touchline.

Again, Southampton being the prime example, many others believe this to be a fluke victory. A have seem some people praise Lambert's tactics for this match but there are certainly others that disagree. As for the second part, I remember thinking that numerous times last season and Chelsea away springs to mind this season. I think we have played poorly far more times than we've played well. 

I'd even argue with a poorer team then it relies even heavily on the manager to get them playing above their potential. That to me would be a sign of a good manager. 

I maybe in the minority but Laudrup for me is someone I believe would be realistic and offer us more. 

Edited by JoeParker91

I don't agree with this. When he can't even get the basics right including organisation then there is fundamentally a problem. If we had a manager with a little creativity then maybe that will transfer onto the pitch as we clearly have zero. His approach to motivating the team is clapping madly on the touchline.

Again, Southampton being the prime example, many other believe this to be a fluke victory. A have seem some people praise Lambert's tactics for this match but there are certainly others that disagree. As for the second part, I remember thinking that numerous times last season and Chelsea away springs to mind this season. I think we have played poorly far more times than we've played well.

I'd even argue with a poorer team then it relies even heavily on the manager to get them playing above their potential. That to me would be a sign of a good manager.

I maybe in the minority but Laudrup for me is someone I believe we could get and would be realistic.

I think many would welcome Laudrup. Would be a breath of fresh air.

Got to love online football "fans".

Win = He's doing a good job.

Lose = Lambert out.

He isn't going nowhere unless we find the next Diego Simeone, which isn't going to happen under Learner. 

A footballing chairman who knows his stuff would be a good place to start. 

Edited by supernova26

Lose = Lambert out.

He isn't going nowhere unless we find the next Diego Simeone. 

Or...

Win = Lucky win. Still a shit manager. Lambert out.

Lose = Not good enough - Lambert out.

;)

What? So we cant have players that can execute tactics? So everyone below us in the league and championship and below don't have tactics/players that can play to them? I said Lamberts tactics were poor after a lot of games, why? Because he uses the same system every game and just slaps players into where he sees fit.

He uses a 4-3-2-1, with Gabby and Weimann behind Benteke for most the season, they aren't wingers and they don't help the midfield because they don't have great control or passing. We have a midfield 3 who do not compliment each other at all.

Who put Albrighton in the no.10 role last week playing behind the striker?

We can all see there was a huge gap between the midfield and front line, we needed a midfielder who was more attack minded, instead he went and bought a backup striker in Kozak.

Tactics are a huge part of the game, along with the players you put in them and he has bought this entire team and yet he is still sticking square pegs in round holes. How do you think Jose Mourinho has won so much? The 2 CL wins with Porto and Inter were all down his man management and tactics.

You have no way of knowing whether these "tactics" that you see before your eyes are right or wrong without playing the game over again.

You also have no way of knowing whether the players are doing what they're told to, or even whether they have been told anything at all.

You're criticising Lambert for buying a backup striker ? And then what? Deliberately breaking the guy's leg? If only we had a decent backup striker without a broken leg we'd be lauging.

Ignoring the fact that we're never going to get Mourinho to manage us, I don't know anything about Porto and Inter, but I'd guess both of them were able to field teams assembled from players that cost more than the average for their respective leagues.

Lose = Lambert out.

He isn't going nowhere unless we find the next Diego Simeone.

Well we've lost a lot more than won in his time here so Lambert out!

Point me in the direction of this "extensive debate". If it really exists, my bet is that it's a few people with pre-set agendas spouting absolute nonsense that they have no way of backing up.

I don't know what that stuff about sides outside the premiership means. It doesn't matter what league you're in, if you're playing against better players you tend to get beaten in the long run.

Why should I have too you can look for yourself. Your "bet" without even seeing the evidence says a lot more about you and your pre-set agenda doesn't it, especially as your just assuming that those with a conflicting opinion to yourself have no evidence to back it up.

Well cheap players can't do tactics can they? And lower league teams aren't usually known for their wads of cash.

Â