Paul Lambert

limpid

Oh we'll be breaking even, remind me to get the party poppers out when we're in the championship.

I wish we were more like Portsmouth. I hate my club for not spending beyond its means.

What a ridiculous comparison, so if the club didn't completely over-react and cull our high earners cold turkey we would have done a Portsmouth?

The club could have dealt with the high earners with a lot more class, the whole bomb squad scenario was completely pathetic added to the latest Hutton news, its embarrassing, it's not like Lerner doesn't have a pot to piss in.

The concerning thing is you know Hughton today will tactically outwit Lambert. They'll sit back and gradually dominate the midfield , then start getting out our inept full backs and they'll get a couple of goals. They'll double up on Benteke to neutralise him and that will be that.

God I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I agree with most of that Penguin.

I think most people agree that some of the high wage earners needed to be moved on but it is the drastic way it has been done that for the second year running threatens our premier league position.

In fairness Lambert v Hughton has resulted in 3 villa wins and a draw (and we were winning that aswell before Bennett was a mug and got sent off).

Norwich are even worse than us at scoring goals. Main worry is we've started becoming very sloppy in defence, real individual errors have cost us in recent weeks but overall we should be in a position to win this game but it's a home game and we just don't win that many.

The concerning thing is you know Hughton today will tactically outwit Lambert. They'll sit back and gradually dominate the midfield , then start getting out our inept full backs and they'll get a couple of goals. They'll double up on Benteke to neutralise him and that will be that.

God I hope I'm wrong.

Being as Hughton has failed to outwit him in all 4 of our games against Norwich under Lambert, I'll assume that it is unlikely he will all of a sudden break the mould.

God I hope I'm wrong.

Being as Hughton has failed to outwit him in all 4 of our games against Norwich under Lambert, I'll assume that it is unlikely he will all of a sudden break the mould.

You been watching Villa at home this season. Houghton will be looking at this as a more than winnable game, he's already admitted we are poor at home.

God I hope I'm wrong.

You been watching Villa at home this season. Houghton will be looking at this as a more than winnable game, he's already admitted we are poor at home.

That's nice of him to admit, I admit that Norwich have failed to beat us in 4 games and we have won 3 of them since Lambert took over.

Have you seen Norwich against us? Have you seen Norwich away from home?

• Like 1

Oh we'll be breaking even, remind me to get the party poppers out when we're in the championship.

I wish we were more like Portsmouth. I hate my club for not spending beyond its means.
What a ridiculous comparison, so if the club didn't completely over-react and cull our high earners cold turkey we would have done a Portsmouth?

The club could have dealt with the high earners with a lot more class, the whole bomb squad scenario was completely pathetic added to the latest Hutton news, its embarrassing, it's not like Lerner doesn't have a pot to piss in.

I'm glad you have all the inside knowledge on the clubs accounts and what needed and didn't need to be done.

I'm not sure I wanted to keep any of the high earners anyway and I remember a lot of people saying they were glad to see the back of them.

I was referring to the season start date (2013), I am fully aware of what year it is.

If you say so Pac.  ;)

There will be no repeat of the thrashing that we gave to Sunderland (fans support or not). The team are not capable of it now as the tactics employed do not create sufficient amount of chances.

When did I say we would beat anybody 6-1? I also mentioned a tight affair against QPR that you have neglected to recognise. My point was in both games the fans produced a good atmosphere and, I strongly believe, contributed to both wins last season. We need similar support now regardless of frustration, it only helps the players.

People have changed, they won't tolerate garbage week after week and year after year and blindly suffer it without venting their frustration and annoyance. If you think that people are going to watch dross and stand there singing their hearts out and dancing on the terraces (I am well aware of the fact that we don't stand up anymore too) then you are living in a bygone age.

I fully understand the frustration and disappointment, but to vent the anger towards the players during the game is totally wrong and pathetic. We are better than that.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

I was referring to the season start date (2013), I am fully aware of what year it is.

If you say so Pac.  ;)

There will be no repeat of the thrashing that we gave to Sunderland (fans support or not). The team are not capable of it now as the tactics employed do not create sufficient amount of chances.

When did I say we would beat anybody 6-1? I also mentioned a tight affair against QPR that you have neglected to recognise. My point was in both games the fans produced a good atmosphere and, I strongly believe, contributed to both wins last season. We need similar support now regardless of frustration, it only helps the players.

People have changed, they won't tolerate garbage week after week and year after year and blindly suffer it without venting their frustration and annoyance. If you think that people are going to watch dross and stand there singing their hearts out and dancing on the terraces (I am well aware of the fact that we don't stand up anymore too) then you are living in a bygone age.

I fully understand the frustration and disappointment, but to vent the anger towards the players during the game is totally wrong and pathetic. We are better than that.

I don't recall mentioning venting any anger towards the players. They didn't ask to be purchased and they didn't ask to play the dour turgid football that is almost always on display. The anger is purely towards our inept manager and a clueless owner.

Our genius of a manager probably has the flip chart out now ready to illustrate the main tactic he wants used of Guzan pumping the ball Benteke.

I'm sure that will surprise the opposition.

To be honest we've had a succession of 'kick-n-rush' managers at this club, I'm getting fed up of it.

I'm glad you have all the inside knowledge on the clubs accounts and what needed and didn't need to be done.

I'm not sure I wanted to keep any of the high earners anyway and I remember a lot of people saying they were glad to see the back of them.

What? Where have claimed this?

I've made just as much as an assumption, in fact less than, than comparing our situation to Portsmouth's.

What? Where have claimed this?

I've made just as much as an assumption, in fact less than, than comparing our situation to Portsmouth's.

You claimed it didn't have to be done the way it has. I trust that it has been done this way because it had to.

I didn't compare our situation to Portsmouth, it's just an example of spending beyond your means.

Â