Paul Lambert

limpid

It is not about Lambert anymore for me. Its football and Lerner and Lambert buying Helenius and not playing him. Bore off.

Your biggest beef is the club spending a million quid on a prospect and not playing him in season one? Really?

and we get relegated and Helenius will be great in the Championshiop…what a waste then…my biggest beef is Lerner

It is not about Lambert anymore for me. Its football and Lerner and Lambert buying Helenius and not playing him. Bore off.

Your biggest beef is the club spending a million quid on a prospect and not playing him in season one? Really?

and we get relegated and Helenius will be great in the Championshiop…what a waste then…my biggest beef is Lerner

Genuinely just speechless to be honest. What a bizarre couple of posts

Should really be players showing the entertainment before we do. I wouldn't go to the theater and cheer a shit performance cause I doubt it would'nt make it any better.

Why does lambert not just change the tactics and go all out attack at home like Liverplop and just try score more. If we still lost I don't think it would be much of a downer knowing we had been entertained. Although it may be a little to late for this.

I disagree. Its important for the fans to get behind the team as well as for the players to get the fans going. Do you just sit there in silence until the players do something?

100% spot on. We need to get behind the team to ensure the players aren't affected by the negativity felt by many.

You can argue that the team need to inspire the fans but booing is not going to help.

• Like 1

The fans have a responsibility to support the team in difficult times regardless of quality on the pitch.

This is 2013 not 1913 so I think you will find that the players are the ones that get highly paid so they have the responsibility to entertain their paying public.

Stop being so Pongo Waring.

Why even watch modern football if you have that attitude? It is 2014 not 2013. Last season (2013) the fans carried us to victories against Sunderland and QPR, we need to display this spirit once again and get behind the players.

The fans have a responsibility to support the team in difficult times regardless of quality on the pitch.

This is 2013 not 1913 so I think you will find that the players are the ones that get highly paid so they have the responsibility to entertain their paying public.

Why even watch modern football if you have that attitude? It is 2014 not 2013. Last season (2013) the fans carried us to victories against Sunderland and QPR, we need to display this spirit once again and get behind the players.
I'm pretty sure the players did it. In both games they lifted the crowd. Vlaar's excellent strike against Sunderland after we hadn't started brilliantly, and the Gabby goal just before half time against QPR when we could have been two down.

Here's how it works:

The team look like they want to play football and win the game = the fans get excited and cheer them on towards their desire.

The team look like they haven't got a clue and just hope they don't lose the game = the fans get frustrated, pissed off and start booing.

Not rocket science.

Or a teams struggling and the fans get behind them to give them a boost and they score and win a game?

Just a thought.

If it were once in a blue moon maybe but Villa fans have been suffering dross at VP for several seasons now so you have to be realistic about the situation.

Football fans are only human (well most of them anyway) and when they are constantly let down they are not going to be enthused about being enthusiastic.

Players are only human as well so a bit of encouragement can go a long way. Likewise giving them stick is going to affect them.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the players did it. In both games they lifted the crowd. Vlaar's excellent strike against Sunderland after we hadn't started brilliantly, and the Gabby goal just before half time against QPR when we could have been two down.

We had set backs in both games but the support was continuous, it was unwavering. 

Don't be daft - players respond better to criticism........

Yes, as our current form proves.

If a show on Broadway or the West End was continually shit for three years that show would have closed due to lack of support. In that same period even though our team's performance mirrors that of the above we are still getting 36000 attending our games. I don't know in any other walk of life that would happen and I wish we would keep our focus on the real problem at the club which has been poor choice of managers, poor purchases and a chairman who is unwilling to make the required investment in our club.

When you put that all together it is **** all to do with the fans who are helping to keep the club afloat.

• Like 1

Worrying stat from last weekend:

Brad Guzan to Christian Benteke was the most frequent pass combination (16) between any two players during the defeat by Newcastle last Sunday.

Now that does not surprise me.

I hate it when Guzan does that shooing upfield thing with both arms, and I just think, well, it is probably coming right back at you.

Surely even our limited midfield should be able to do something with the ball.

Â