Paul Lambert

limpid

If the current financial restrictions remain this summer then I don't see much point in sacking Lambert. At the moment I'd like to see him stay anyway even if the restrictions are relaxed (at the moment of course before I get jumped on) but if they're not then I think it'll create just as many problems as it solves.

I don't believe for one second that Lambert is the only man able to keep us up with current constraints. I'd much rather give someone else a go, the only problem is I don't trust Lerner to get it right.

If the current financial restrictions remain this summer then I don't see much point in sacking Lambert. At the moment I'd like to see him stay anyway even if the restrictions are relaxed (at the moment of course before I get jumped on) but if they're not then I think it'll create just as many problems as it solves.

I don't believe for one second that Lambert is the only man able to keep us up with current constraints. I'd much rather give someone else a go, the only problem is I don't trust Lerner to get it right.

Who would you pick though? I can't really think of any outstanding candidates if we're still not going to spend much.

I do not believe should he be given money that he will suddenly become a quality manager either

I have seen very little evidence to suggest he's anything other than limited and out of his depth

If there is money to spend in the summer he is not the man i would give it too we need a complete change in footballing philosophy for too many seasons now we have had to put up with this shite brand of football under successive managers and it has not changed

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Who would you pick though? I can't really think of any outstanding candidates if we're still not going to spend much.

You're right there's no one that stands out. But I just don't believe this is all we can expect with current levels of spending.

There are plenty of managers who could do a better job.

The majority were against Steve McClaren getting the job, now look what he's doing with an average Derby squad in the championship, he could be managing a Premier league side next season and we'll be in the championship. Pulis doing wonders at Palace and he's never been relegated.

Anyone who thinks that Newcastle earned their victory wants a poke in the eye with a red hot skewer. Newcastle are a poor team and their recent results and form prove that. The only reason that they won is because we allowed them to do so by playing Lambert's awful negative style which has been our downfall on so many occasions this season already. 

12 league games already where we have failed to score and 3 of those have been in the last 3 games.

Lambert is a poor manager and nothing will convince me otherwise. There is no evidence whatsoever that even the staunchest Lambert lover can provide to counter this.

• Like 1

I still don't think we will go down, Fulham & Cardiff are nearly gone, 6 & 7 points behind us so I can't see them picking up 7 & 8 more points than us to finish above us, so were relying on having 1 team below us being worse than us & looking at Sunderlands fixtures and norwich' form, that will be the saving grace - again

#avfc Westwood got dead leg and Bertrand suffering from virus hence their substitutions.

Had a virus but could play 76 minutes of football?

Id rather have seen Clark or Albrighton come on and changed formation. Bringing on Sylla and Bennett are just negative subs.

He could have F******  Pneumonia and still do a better job than Bennett!!

• Like 1

Â