Paul Lambert

limpid

Who is the alternative? Who is the guy that is better than Lambert and can work within the same structure? I want to know. All I keep seeing is how lucky Lambert is but never a creditable suggestion is presented to replace him.

Laudrup?

Who is the alternative? Who is the guy that is better than Lambert and can work within the same structure? I want to know. All I keep seeing is how lucky Lambert is but never a creditable suggestion is presented to replace him.

Laudrup?

Swansea have been incredible this year, fair play.

• Like 1

We are a billion miles away from where Lambert wants to be. That is the thing that motivates me, it is going to be some journey if Lambert can pull it off.

We were a billion miles away from where all of us wanted to be before Lambert came to the club and nearly two years later we are still the same distance away with another 40m plus spent.

This wins the award for most overly simplistic view of the situation lambert has had at villa.

Laudrup?

interesting so you are basing your views now on form. Hmm i suppose the widely acknowledged good football they play means bugger all, or the fact they won a trophy last year also means nothing. Ironically absolutely murdering a team that Lambert royally screwed up trying to beat.

You see Stefan you have many views on things but on Lambert you seem very blinkered. Interesting

Laudrup?

Yup, if we were to sack Lambert, it's who I'd want, but in context of GENTLEMAN's post, was it relevent then?

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

So fire Lambert to hire a worse manager? Sounds like a good plan.

Worse manager why? Because Swansea are currently three points below us in the table? Rubbish.

Lambert's had a tough time of it, but I just don't think he has a head for tactics. I'd prefer Laudrup any day but it's all academic since there's no chance we'll be getting rid of Lambert.

We are a billion miles away from where Lambert wants to be. That is the thing that motivates me, it is going to be some journey if Lambert can pull it off.

We were a billion miles away from where all of us wanted to be before Lambert came to the club and nearly two years later we are still the same distance away with another 40m plus spent.

We are in the top ten with a healthier looking wage bill. Progress has been made but there is still lots to be achieved.

Interesting from Kendrick's article

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mat-kendrick-comment-aston-villa-6669384

That was the thinking behind acquiring the Premier League experience of Ryan Bertrand and Grant Holt in January, albeit it on loan, and it transpires a substantial bid was made last month for a target for whom a deal could not quite be struck – and we’re talking much more substantial than Norwich’s Wes Hoolahan.

Haven't we been rumoured to have done that in every transfer window since records began? :)

• Like 1

Laudrup?

interesting so you are basing your views now on form. Hmm i suppose the widely acknowledged good football they play means bugger all, or the fact they won a trophy last year also means nothing. Ironically absolutely murdering a team that Lambert royally screwed up trying to beat.

You see Stefan you have many views on things but on Lambert you seem very blinkered. Interesting

It was meant as a tongue in cheek comment. Mostly due to the fact that certain people will allow Laudrup's mitigating circumstances with Swansea with regards to form, but won't allow their own manager the same berth.

For that reason, to call me blinkered is absolutely hilarious. Genuinely laughing.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â