Jump to content

Chess


maqroll
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
1 minute ago, ender4 said:

So the tournament where Magnus walked out - who won the tournament? Did Neimann beat any other good players in the next rounds?

Neimann won 1, drew 5, lost 2 finishing with 3.5pts. The Magnus games didn't count. He ended up 6th. French grandmaster Alireza Firouzja won the tournament with 3 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss getting 5pts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Neimann won 1, drew 5, lost 2 finishing with 3.5pts. The Magnus games didn't count. He ended up 6th. French grandmaster Alireza Firouzja won the tournament with 3 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss getting 5pts.

I guess if he beats someone really good in this tournament then that will prove he’s really good and that his ‘anal bead’ win might have been legitimate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I guess if he beats someone really good in this tournament then that will prove he’s really good and that his ‘anal bead’ win might have been legitimate.

Too late. He has no credibility now and rightly so. He's an admitted cheat with no integrity. Doesn't matter how good he actually is at chess just like it doesn't matter how good lance armstrong actually was at cycling. In fact in chess it's worse because in cycling chances are your direct opponents were cheating too. Also because it's so easy to cheat at chess it's even worse imo, zero effort involved. 

Edited by villa89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/10/2022 at 17:46, NoelVilla said:

Came to the thread for the anal beads and found a fascinating discussion about time.

Chess has quite literally become a proper hardcore hobby, eh? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2022 at 07:22, BOF said:

Niemann suing Magnus and others for $100m for defamation re- the anal beads story and others 😂

Smacks of Patrick Reed trying to sue the PGA tour for defamation. A nonsense lawsuit America is famous for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I've either lost my mind or chess is one of the great spectator sports. I've been watching 4 hours of the meltwater tour championships on Chess24's YouTube channel all week. It's the best TV I've seen all year. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

I've either lost my mind or chess is one of the great spectator sports. I've been watching 4 hours of the meltwater tour championships on Chess24's YouTube channel all week. It's the best TV I've seen all year. 

You are sane. It is a very engaging sport to watch IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/11/2022 at 19:24, Stevo985 said:

Yep agreed. Once you understand the game it’s fascinating 

Hi Stevo, sorry for the absence from chess.com 'live', I've been stubbornly trying to improve v their computer, mainly against Isabel, my advanced level robot arch nemesis from Costa Rica (she's infuriatingly good, with her I'm usually on the wrong end of damn good thrashings, boo). Anyway, I've sent you an invite for another game...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/11/2022 at 19:24, Stevo985 said:

Yep agreed. Once you understand the game it’s fascinating 

P.s. Hope you've managed to thaw out after last night's game between the real Villa and the Villarreal! :s 🥶

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Hi Stevo, sorry for the absence from chess.com 'live', I've been stubbornly trying to improve v their computer, mainly against Isabel, my advanced level robot arch nemesis from Costa Rica (she's infuriatingly good..

I find that the computer players play one certain style all the time, once you get ahead of it they generally can't cope. Its good practice though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, villa89 said:

I find that the computer players play one certain style all the time, once you get ahead of it they generally can't cope. Its good practice though.

The elementary computer players ('robots') generally can't cope with me, with the intermediates it's 50/50, with the first two advanced (Antonio 'of Paraguay' and Isabel 'of Costa Rica') it's me that can't cope. Recently they seemed to make her even better and I couldn't beat her at all but now she seems to be back to how she was previously and I win about one in ten again.

Edited by robby b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â