Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Just now, Davkaus said:

Fully deserved win, Ireland got a penalty then just tried to sit back for 90 minutes hoping to hold on.

Disagree, they had a couple of half chances, Lloris had to tip one round the post and he also just got to a cross early in second half.

Considering how poor Ireland were in first two games, I think they should be proud they pushed the hosts so far. No shame in going out...they are a limited team let's remember.

The class showed in the 2nd half. 

Ireland were magnificent in the 1st half though. They have done themselves proud

• Like 2

Just now, VillaChris said:

Disagree, they had a couple of half chances, Lloris had to tip one round the post and he also just got to a cross early in second half.

Considering how poor Ireland were in first two games, I think they should be proud they pushed the hosts so far. No shame in going out...they are a limited team let's remember.

They had a few decent chances on the counter, but were never willing to commit much forward. A lot like a Mo'N Villa really. They didn't bring much to the game at all, IMO, I'm glad France got the win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They had a few decent chances on the counter, but were never willing to commit much forward. A lot like a Mo'N Villa really. They didn't bring much to the game at all, IMO, I'm glad France got the win.

I missed all these world class players ROI have tbh. They just played a similar game v Italy except Italy played all their reserve players and couldn't care less about the game.

Ireland like all the British teams are limited in many ways. I thought they played very well today for 60 minutes and then overall quality of France took hold once they scored. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I missed all these world class players ROI have tbh. They just played a similar game v Italy except Italy played all their reserve players and couldn't care less about the game.

Ireland like all the British teams are limited in many ways. I thought they played very well today for 60 minutes and then overall quality of France took hold once they scored. 

pretty much sums it up, ireland for me showed that france arent actually that good but they did that through a top quality work ethic and some good defending, 2nd half you saw 2 things IMO 1 was that the irish players simply didnt have the fitness and the energy to do that for 90 minutes and secondly i dont think they actually had the confidence that they would keep it going for 90 minutes, there was only one team in that 2nd half

so sat here now im saying if england work their absolute bollocks off they can beat this french team...the chances of an england team working their bollocks off is somewhere between slim and none

Sickening, our C'ship defenders wobbled for 5 minutes and it punished us big time. Fair result nonetheless.

Faith restored somewhat in this tournament, we can play some football, Tardelli can feck off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

What's the "Double jeopardy" rule he mentioned before the red card - you can't get a red card for a foul for a penalty? That's ridiculous if true.

A penalty and yellow is sufficent in most cases.

Unless say a player goes round the keeper, is about to shoot into open net and the defence hacks him down.

Think it's a good rule change, it kills so many games.

Anyone think Slovaks will give Germany a tough game today?

They did score 3 against them before tournament...o.k not full strength and have been dangerous at times in the tournament.

Germany can be complacent sometimes..I remember in world cup last 16 they just about scraped past Algeria after extra time.

Â