Malky Mackay and Iain Moody

samjp26

But what you've said is, that given the choice of Manager A (Malky) who is a racist but not a paedophile and Manager B (somebody who is imaginary) who is not a racist but is a paedophile, you'd rather Manager A.

Yes.

Which I agree with. Of course. I'd rather a racist than a paedophile.

Okay.

However, no managers, as far as we know fall into the category of Manager B. So you can't use this as a basis to defend Makay. Otherwise you're basically saying you can do whatever the **** you like, as long as you don't abuse children.

Manager B doesn't have to be a pedophile. Manager B could just ignore what's going on or be naive and weak on leadership on this issue. The German people weren't all Nazis, many of them were Manager Bs who stood by and did nothing. 

Mackay might be an aggressive racist jerk, but if Harry Redknapp is right at least we can credit him with being a family man who is not going to stand by and let some dodgy character be employed in a role that has access to children.

Of course, Manager C who is a family man who is not a racist is far preferable to Manager A and Manager B.

Yes, if the discussion you are having is whether we'd all prefer a racist or a paedophile, then your point is valid.

But that's totally removed from this topic, and basically irrelevant to anything as I'm not sure that situation exists in Football.

That is the discussion which was prompted by the Harry Redknapp quote. Now we can bring a Speedy end to it.

But what you've said is, that given the choice of Manager A (Malky) who is a racist but not a paedophile and Manager B (somebody who is imaginary) who is not a racist but is a paedophile, you'd rather Manager A.

Yes.

Okay.

However, no managers, as far as we know fall into the category of Manager B. So you can't use this as a basis to defend Makay. Otherwise you're basically saying you can do whatever the **** you like, as long as you don't abuse children.

Manager B doesn't have to be a pedophile. Manager B could just ignore what's going on or be naive and weak on leadership on this issue. The German people weren't all Nazis, many of them were Manager Bs who stood by and did nothing.

Mackay might be an aggressive racist jerk, but if Harry Redknapp is right at least we can credit him with being a family man who is not going to stand by and let some dodgy character be employed in a role that has access to children.

Of course, Manager C who is a family man who is not a racist is far preferable to Manager A and Manager B.

Yes, if the discussion you are having is whether we'd all prefer a racist or a paedophile, then your point is valid.

But that's totally removed from this topic, and basically irrelevant to anything as I'm not sure that situation exists in Football.

That is the discussion which was prompted by the Harry Redknapp quote. Now we can bring a Speedy end to it.

So basically you're giving Makay credit for not being a paedophile?

Great.

Every manager in the country is not a paedophile as far as we know.

So they're on a level playing field.

Except for the explicitly racist ones, of which Makay qualifies.

So your point is moot. Yes, well done Makay, you're not a paedo. Nor is any other of your colleagues. You are, however, a horrible racist word removed.

I'm not sure what your point was. But I do know that it was utter twaddle.

Since when did we start praising folk for not being pedophiles?

Since Saville, Harris et al. Better role models are needed. It's a scandal these people were pushed to high position in society.

Since when did we start praising folk for not being pedophiles?

Since the optimistic quarter of VillaTalk ran out of positive ways to describe the team.

To be fair anyone around from the 60s/70s and was famous and wasn't a peado I'm starting to have more respect for them.

• Like 2

Yes.

Okay.

d1f9f_ORIG-bert.gif

• Like 2

Sorry to go back to this, but this is NOT the discussion prompted by the harry Redknapp quote.

The discussion is "is it OK for Mackay to be racist and homophobic as long as he's not a rapist or paedophile?"

Not, as you seem to be arguing, "isn't better to be a racist or a paedophile?"

The former is a straw mam argument drawn up by a grade a Moron (Redknapp) to defend a colleague who hasn't got a leg to stand on.

The latter is a question you've posed that means absolutely nothing in the context of the discussion.

Back to the story at hand... I just got a notification from the SSN app saying Mackay is on their channel now discussing the story, anyone watching care to report what he's said?

I assume it will be of a 'no comment' nature, although he may well be coming on to congratulate himself on not being a paedophile.

He actually went into some detail, he says he did send 3 text messages and the language used was inappropriate, there is no excuse for it. He then went on to make an excuse about being under a lot of stress, before back tracking and saying of course there is still no excuse.

Interviewer asked him if he isn't a racist, a sexist or a homophobe then why did he use such language, but he didn't really seem to be able to answer it apart from saying he made a huge mistake and he is sorry.

He also said that he'd like to ask everybody if they had their phones looked through like that, would they really not have anything so embarrassing? Personally no, can't imagine I'd have sent any texts questioning my mates about a lack of white faces and such myself.

He looks frightened, he knows he has **** up big time. I find it funny that he has had to wait so long to apologise, right up until it actually came out. If it didn't come out he'd have been a manager in the PL again and we'd never have known about it, he'd never have apologised. 

#itsjustbanter #leasthesnotapedobro

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Â