Malky Mackay and Iain Moody

samjp26

I doubt they are really their views. It sounds like politically incorrect distasteful banter to me. Pretty stupid but will be probably be forgotten in time.

This is essentially it, and it wasn't ever intended for the public. There's far more important events going on right now, it's a bit of a non-story.
It's not a non-story imo, and if I'm brutally honest I don't think it reflects particularly well on you if you think it is. They shouldn't be making those comments (and he seems to have made a lot of them) irrespective of whether he actually believes them or not.
I don't agree with those comments but in private conversations they can say what they like as far as I'm concerned.
I agree. It's just words man. Far more serious things going on the world.

So because there are more serious things going on in the world, it should be swept under the carpet that these guys are a pair of sexist, racist, homophobic tossers? Are you for real?

An ex-academy player for Cardiff was on Twitter last night telling how Mackay used to crack jokes about him being Somalian, didn't feel he was allowed to speak up about it either.

Well it's not being swept under the carpet is it? It just cracks me how quickly people take the moral high ground over a few private text messages. Anyone would think he is Hitler.

So when the rumours and snippets about Savile came out, people were right to ignore?

I doubt they are really their views. It sounds like politically incorrect distasteful banter to me. Pretty stupid but will be probably be forgotten in time.

This is essentially it, and it wasn't ever intended for the public. There's far more important events going on right now, it's a bit of a non-story.
It's not a non-story imo, and if I'm brutally honest I don't think it reflects particularly well on you if you think it is. They shouldn't be making those comments (and he seems to have made a lot of them) irrespective of whether he actually believes them or not.
I don't agree with those comments but in private conversations they can say what they like as far as I'm concerned.
So because there are more serious things going on in the world, it should be swept under the carpet that these guys are a pair of sexist, racist, homophobic tossers? Are you for real?

An ex-academy player for Cardiff was on Twitter last night telling how Mackay used to crack jokes about him being Somalian, didn't feel he was allowed to speak up about it either.

Well it's not being swept under the carpet is it? It just cracks me how quickly people take the moral high ground over a few private text messages. Anyone would think he is Hitler.

So when the rumours and snippets about Savile came out, people were right to ignore?

Much more important things going on in the world mate.

• Like 1

How on earth is that the same?

Also where did I say it should be swept under the carpet? They f**ked up and will face the consequences.

All Im saying is that racist, sexist, homophobic jokes between close friends does not reflect a persons views and actions.

Also where did I say it should be swept under the carpet? They f**ked up and will face the consequences.

All Im saying is that racist, sexist, homophobic jokes between close friends does not reflect a persons views and actions.

Yes, yes they do. If they didn't why would they say/use them? Especially to the extent of these guys, abusing employees and such.

I think this highlights a huge problem with society. Imagine if your boss was secretly making racist jokes about you with your supervisor, or if you applied for a job and the person hiring looked over your CV and said yeah not bad but where are the white faces (or black faces)? Would it be okay because it doesn't really reflect their views?

It isn't just jokes that they were sending back and forth, some of it is just straight up abusive, disrespectful and distasteful.

These things actually go on but they're never brought to light, just like this hasn't been brought to light for god knows how long. I'm sorry but anybody that says it is a non-story or it doesn't reflect their real views/actions is deluded.

Yes, yes they do. If they didn't why would they say/use them? Especially to the extent of these guys, abusing employees and such.

I think this highlights a huge problem with society. Imagine if your boss was secretly making racist jokes about you with your supervisor, or if you applied for a job and the person hiring looked over your CV and said yeah not bad but where are the white faces (or black faces)? Would it be okay because it doesn't really reflect their views?

It isn't just jokes that they were sending back and forth, some of it is just straight up abusive, disrespectful and distasteful.

These things actually go on but they're never brought to light, just like this hasn't been brought to light for god knows how long. I'm sorry but anybody that says it is a non-story or it doesn't reflect their real views/actions is deluded.

So you've never read or sent a racist, Sexist or homophobic text in your life?

I agree that they are over stepped the mark with it being directed at employees though.

These weren't jokes, they weren't "there were three men in a bar"

I'll say it again:

Imagine if your boss was secretly making racist jokes about you with your supervisor, or if you applied for a job and the person hiring looked over your CV and said yeah not bad but where are the white faces (or black faces)? Would it be okay because it doesn't really reflect their views?

• Like 1

Would it be okay because it doesn't really reflect their views?

It would be fine if it didn't have any bearing on whether or not they gave you the job, yeah. If they harboured actual racist sentiments, and those sentiments led to them not considering you for a position, then that would not be acceptable - but moreso on the company's behalf for having that person make decisions for them rather than the person themselves because, like it or not, every one of us on this planet is entitled to prejudge or dislike anyone they want for whatever reasons they want on a purely personal level once it's not something they're tapping into while representing another person or a company

• Like 1

These weren't jokes, they weren't "there were three men in a bar"

I'll say it again:

Imagine if your boss was secretly making racist jokes about you with your supervisor, or if you applied for a job and the person hiring looked over your CV and said yeah not bad but where are the white faces (or black faces)? Would it be okay because it doesn't really reflect their views?

Ok what if no jokes or comments were ever made but in his mind the boss hated you because of your colour and let his views treat you differently even though he was very complimentary about you to your supervisor.

Or the person hiring you looked at your CV and said they didn't feel you were experienced enough for the role when really the didn't hire you because of your religion or colour.

This is racism and is far more dangerous than jokes sent in a text message.

I haven't read too much in to it really (because deep down I don't care)

But on the be of him getting another prem job tan decides to leak this info to the FA? Via the rags obviously

Tan couldn't be more of a word removed if he tried and I'm supposed to believe him? Not sure what to think yet, certainly don't trust tan anyway and his timing makes me more suspicious

I haven't read too much in to it really (because deep down I don't care)

But on the be of him getting another prem job tan decides to leak this info to the FA? Via the rags obviously

Tan couldn't be more of a word removed if he tried and I'm supposed to believe him? Not sure what to think yet, certainly don't trust tan anyway and his timing makes me more suspicious

I'd say you need to take a closer look. It turns out Tan was not the bad after all. That's why Mackay dropped his lawsuit against him, he knew he was in the wrong.

Football is a forgiving industry. Let's be honest: most of us would be hypocrites to say we would not have let them have the sexism and maybe the homophobia - what about Lineker's comment on MOTD about Senderous nibbling Vlaar's neck? I didn't like it but I and nobody else has called for him to be sacked so the reality is nobody really cares.  

There simply aren't many Jews in football and it was an agent, so they might have been allowed that one too because it was an agent. 

It's the brazen racism and lots of it that is really shocking and annoying and makes you scratch your head. Do they think it is a sport for white people? How can they expect to run a successful team picking just white Europeans? It shouldn't need to be said that Toure, Kompany were crucial in helping Man City win the Premier League last year. David Silva is about half-Japanese. Their attitudes to race are bad for the sport.

Edited by Con

Football is a forgiving industry. Let's be honest: most of us would be hypocrites to say we would not have let them have the sexism and maybe the homophobia - what about Lineker's comment on MOTD about Senderous nibbling Vlaar's neck? I didn't like it but I and nobody else has called for him to be sacked so the reality is nobody really cares.

There simply aren't many Jews in football and it was an agent, so they might have been allowed that one too because it was an agent.

It's the brazen racism and lots of it that is really shocking and annoying and makes you scratch your head. Do they think it is a sport for white people? How can they expect to run a successful team picking just white Europeans? It shouldn't need to be said that Toure, Kompany were crucial in helping Man City win the Premier League last year. David Silva is about half-Japanese. Their attitudes to race are bad for the sport.

Why didn't you like Linekers comment?

After Senderos's dominating performance during the game it was uncharitable of Lineker to leave us with the impression he is submissive and weak, which he generated by implying an over-intimacy with Vlaar.  

After Senderos's dominating performance during the game it was uncharitable of Lineker to leave us with the impression he is submissive and weak, which he generated by implying an over-intimacy with Vlaar.  

Dr. Sigmund Con...

• Like 2

Â