Olof Mellberg

Villastine

Legend! It's really odd how much we still revere a player who left on a free transfer, but you could see how much he bled Claret and Blue.

was the attitude wasn't it. not just because he loved the club but the professionalism. How many players would have refused to play or put in a half hearted effort if they were moved out of position for Zat Knight or hand in a transfer request when dropped on 1st day of season as new manager was an idiot

Great times. I've forgotten what it feels like to have some passion about Aston Villa :(

We are 5-1 up and we take off a defender and bring on a striker! How times have changed.

Tell you what, that starting XI had Laursen, Mellberg, Petrov, Barry, Carew, Knight and Gabby that all genuinely seemed to love the club, and I bet that counted for something in the performance.

Edited by StanBalaban

Great times. I've forgotten what it feels like to have some passion about Aston Villa :(

We are 5-1 up and we take off a defender and bring on a striker! How times have changed.

Tell you what, that starting XI had Laursen, Mellberg, Petrov, Barry, Carew, Knight and Gabby that all genuinely seemed to love the club, and I bet that counted for something in the performance.

You could tell back then that the players had a bit of passion.

Say what you want about MON (and I do, believe me!). But I'm sure part of that was down to him and his motivation.

He did plenty wrong, but that wasn't one of those things.

As for Olof, loved him. Still do. Would still have him back. Play him up front!

Â