QF: Saturday 5th ARG BEL NED CRC

limpid

I'm almost of the opinion that the teams who have played the best, most consistent and attractive football have all gone home - apart from Holland. Chile, Colombia and France really impressed me.

The evening games are usually better. Thankfully all the remaining are in the evening.

I was saying this to my Dad earlier. The earlier games in the knockout stages, have, in most instances, been poorer than the later games 

Expecting Netherlands to win, which will make 2 fascinating semi finals. Western Europe v South America.

Despite all tips of dark horses (Belgium, Colombia, Chile, etc) its the old guard who have prevailed. 

Argie's best performance by a mile tonight...thought they were comfortable for most of the game. Back 4 looked a bit better with Demechilis in aswell!

Belgium are a bit long ball aren't they? I suppose that's just a symptom of playing Fellani in an advance position but they remind me a bit of Spurs under Redknapp, team packed with quality attacking players and achieve good results but play more long ball than the media would have you believe, like when they used to hit Crouch long.

Belgium to me this competition had a look of their par being a quarter final team and so it has proved. They will still be a threat at euro 2016 though as they have so many good feelings, I feel they need to get Januazji fully in the starting 11 over the next two years as their wide players this tournament underwhelmed me.

Argie's best performance by a mile tonight...thought they were comfortable for most of the game. Back 4 looked a bit better with Demechilis in aswell!

Belgium are a bit long ball aren't they? I suppose that's just a symptom of playing Fellani in an advance position but they remind me a bit of Spurs under Redknapp, team packed with quality attacking players and achieve good results but play more long ball than the media would have you believe, like when they used to hit Crouch long.

Belgium to me this competition had a look of their par being a quarter final team and so it has proved. They will still be a threat at euro 2016 though as they have so many good feelings, I feel they need to get Januazji fully in the starting 11 over the next two years as their wide players this tournament underwhelmed me.

They went long ball later in the game but for the most part they played too short for me....They are young side and will improve....

Hoping for a Robben dive to make this thread interesting :P

Edit:

Great move there from the Dutch, disappointing lack of finish from Depay.

Edit 2: 

Shirley just a matter of time for The Netherlands?  They're looking quite awesome going forward - unlike most teams in the Quarter-finals.

Edited by CardiffGreens

Fair to say that wasn't a dive - 2 attempts to bring him down!

Shame the bicycle kick didn't come off for Costa Rica.

Quite enjoying the game so far - been pretty open at both ends.

Edit:

Good free kick, even better save.  And Depay, oh deary me, nothing like an airshot.

Edited by CardiffGreens