QF: Saturday 5th ARG BEL NED CRC

limpid

Yes Holland. Argentina don't impress me at all....Yes they won but Belgium looked totally lacking in energy. I guess quarter final is good for a country of their size but with the collection of players they have they could have done better.....The big boys are in the last 4 so wouldn't be srprised if its a Brazil v Argentina final....

reading the racing post footie stats guru this was predicted.average of just over 1 goal per game in 1/4's and will only get worse.it's understandable when you consider whats at stake though.what really bugged me though was belgium going 1 down after about 10 mins and not being more offensive till near then end.

Yes Holland. Argentina don't impress me at all....Yes they won but Belgium looked totally lacking in energy. I guess quarter final is good for a country of their size but with the collection of players they have they could have done better.....The big boys are in the last 4 so wouldn't be srprised if its a Brazil v Argentina final....

I'm leaning towards Germany-Holland. An already underwhelming Brazil without Neymar and Silva are there for the scalping, and the Germans are good enough to do it. Holland are just a better side than Argentina.

Both South American teams will have the edge in crowd support, but I don't think it'll be enough to knock the European teams off their stride.

Germany-Holland

• Like 1

As much as people hate Robben for diving he's by far the most exciting player to watch....Holland will win tonight but I hope they turn up against Argentina and Robben doesn't get kicked from pillar to post. 

• Like 1

It would be nice if Costa Rica got through as they'd have nothing to lose in the semi final and it would make for a better game I think. It'll probably be 3 cagey games from here on in. Brazil v Argentina in the final would be epic (not necessarily for the football, mind) but I think you have to say it's going to be another European final, most likely.