Last 16: Tuesday 1st ARG SWI BEL USA

limpid

Incredible game of football. Howard was brilliant, Bradley apart from the assist was shite and screwed up quite a few of the American attacks.

What a great World Cup this is.

Imagine if England or Villa showed even half the amount of heart and energy and passion that the USMNT showed tonight. They were fantastic, fair play to them.

• Like 2

Oh and if England had showed even a tenth of the passion the USA showed maybe we might not have been such a **** embarrassment at this World Cup.

Edited by Avfc96
  • Like 2

Marc Wilmots is a **** prick isn't he?

He's got good players playing shit football and celebrates like a donkey when his team scrap past a bunch of decent players.

Quarter final of a world cup for a little country like Belgium, I say he has every right to celebrate.

But with a squad of talented players he decides to play woeful negative football and celebrates like he has got Scotland to the World Cup quarter final playing good football.

Great game.

Fancy Belgium to beat Argentina. We saw tonight what they are really built for, which is counter attacking football. They'll have a field day against the Argentina defence.

Although, as Danny Murphy pointed out, they don't really have a natural defensive midfielder.

Aside from Costa Rica, anyone can win this WC now. It's all about who turns up on the day and it will be great.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 2

He's got good players playing shit football and celebrates like a donkey when his team scrap past a bunch of decent players.

Quarter final of a world cup for a little country like Belgium, I say he has every right to celebrate.

But with a squad of talented players he decides to play woeful negative football and celebrates like he has got Scotland to the World Cup quarter final playing good football.

Really  how many chances did they have tonight? Must be a record for the tournament...

Edited by PaulC

What a match - the most enjoyable match of the world cup so far. I can't remember the last time I cheered for the U.S. and I'm gutted they didn't go through. The Belgians probably deserved the win based purely on the statistics, but the U.S. played with so much heart that I really wanted them to qualify. Very impressed with Jones, Howard was immense and Yedlin made quite the impression when he came on. After the dog of a match that was the Argentina-Switzerland game, this one was brilliant.

• Like 2

Really  how many chances did they have tonight? Must be a record for the tournament...

Tim Howard set a record for the most number of saves in a World Cup match tonight. I'm not sure how anyone could say Belgium were negative :P