Group F: ARG BIH IRN NGA

limpid

Yes clear penalty. Iran really unlucky. Great goal Messi but he hasn't been the outstanding player in the tournament yet. Aguero didn't turn up again and I think they need him to if they are to wn the tournament. 

Messi doesn't look in great shape to me. Still knows where the back of the net is but he used to beat players for fun and I hate seeing him walk around the pitch not making himself available to teammates. Hope he doesn't go the way of Ronaldinho/Adriano and is washed up by his late 20s.

• Like 2

Messi doesn't look in great shape to me. Still knows where the back of the net is but he used to beat players for fun and I hate seeing him walk around the pitch not making himself available to teammates. Hope he doesn't go the way of Ronaldinho/Adriano and is washed up by his late 20s.

It's been a while since he's regularly played well now.

It wasn't undeserved though was it.

It was a great performance from Iran. Really brave and you couldn't complain if they got the draw.

Argentina were quite obviously the better team though.

Argentina were average. Messi apart from his goal really didn't do anything all game and Iran should have had a penalty.
all of that is true.

They were still better than Iran.

Relative to their abilities then Iran were better. But you can't say Argentina didn't "deserve" to win. They spent most of the second half in Iran's final third.

And created f-all. Iran, on the other hand, created 2 or 3 clear chances, and should have had a penalty.

Iran deserved to win. Really hope Argentina get thrashed in the knockout rounds now.

I know this is a pointless argument. But you cannot say Iran deserved to win that game :D

Heard he played well last night, by the looks at it, might have been at fault for the balotelli goal as he was caught standing flat footed. But thats not so much a big deal (CB's should really be helping him out there)

yep. Just the 41 goals in 46 appearances this season...

Did you, um, quote the wrong post?

Sad for Iran. But what can you say about Messi? He is solidifying his legacy now. History before our eyes.

He needs to up his game in international tournaments to be the undisputed best. He has been average so far, although the whole of the Argentinian team has to be fair! 

He doesn't seem to be as sensational as he was a couple of years ago... burn out? He's played a lot of games for his age

Argentina was dissapointing but Iran was just horrible to watch. Really boring team, just constant defending. Good spirit and workrate but come on, that was more defensive than Mourinho can be.