Froch v Groves The Rematch

andykeenan

IF Groves sticks to his jab and movement, and pops Froch, whose defense is amongst the worst in boxing, with counter right hands, he can win a lopsided points decision.

The problem with Groves is he tends to get tired and likes to go to war, which will play into Froch's hands. But if Groves fights a disciplined fight, similar to what he did against DeGale, he can win this. 

The thing is Groves knows he can badly hurt Froch, having floored him in round one and rocking him all over the shop in the subsequent rounds, especially in round 6 and 7, where Froch really wasn't taking the punches well...

I've seen a lot of people predict Froch to win early, Froch doesn't tend to start early, he tends to come on late, the note-able exceptions being the Bute and second Kessler fight. Froch definitely got caught cold the first time around, so I guess we can expect him to look to come out faster this time around. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Froch in 8.

I really don't like Groves - he seems to me a dog average fighter who's been pumped up by a second tier promoter into thinking he's the future of English boxing. Froch is limited but proven, I hope he knocks him into Tuesday.

• Like 3

Heart says Froch head is undecided.

Given how he performed in the first fight I am not sure how much Froch has left in the tank. Was that just a poor night or was it the onset of something more deep rooted and he is past it.

Groves is a decent fighter nothing more and before the first fight I was confident Froch would deal with him comfortably. If Froch can start much quicker than he did in the first fight and performs to anything like the level he did against the likes of Bute he will take Groves out inside 7 rounds. If he produces a similar performance to the one he did in the first where he looked slow and totally void of any ideas then if Groves boxes clever he would well win.

Hard one to call but I'll go with my heart and a Froch win inside 7.

Edited by markavfc40

I think froch needs to take the fight to groves, he can't let groves take the fight to him like he did in the last fight. Froch needs to drag groves into a fight and if he does he will come out on top, froch aint got much of a defence but he can take a punch. I can see froch finishing groves in 6 rounds if he makes it his kind of fight. Groves has got to finish froch off early if he's going to win.

Want Froch, think Groves.

Froch is winding down I think. He's going to retire whatever the result.

That's why he was being so forceful with the 80/20 split, he knows this is the end one way or the other.

Froch won't want to go out getting beat by groves, but even if he wins you could easily see him calling it a day. Groves is a lot quicker than froch though, and you could easily see that in the last fight.

Froch in 8.

I really don't like Groves - he seems to me a dog average fighter who's been pumped up by a second tier promoter into thinking he's the future of English boxing. Froch is limited but proven, I hope he knocks him into Tuesday.

This is crazy, he's better than average, he's a puncher with a pretty good jab, deceptive hand spend and decent footwork. He's a world level super-middle weight who quite easy could become a champion. He has some limitations but he's a lot better than 'dog average'.

Want Froch, think Groves.

Froch is winding down I think. He's going to retire whatever the result.

That's why he was being so forceful with the 80/20 split, he knows this is the end one way or the other.

Unlikely, he has a contract with HBO and if he wins will be likely to face off against someone like Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 

Froch in 8.

This is crazy, he's better than average, he's a puncher with a pretty good jab, deceptive hand spend and decent footwork. He's a world level super-middle weight who quite easy could become a champion. He has some limitations but he's a lot better than 'dog average'.

Well Doc, you know your boxing better than I do, I'll watch with open eyes tonight and see if I've done him a disservice. 

DeGale? Nah.

Want Groves to win but I think Froch will be better this time.

I can't watch all the other fights, what might be the pick of these?

James DeGale v Brandon Gonzales

Kevin Mitchell v Ghislain Maduma

Jamie McDonnell v Tabtimdaeng Na Rachawat

Anthony Joshua v Matt Legg

Mitchell needs to look good tonight, dunno much about Maduma though. He is top 20 in the world I think. 

Edit:  Just saw Mitchell has failed to make the weight. DTgCeFo.gif

Edited by The_Rev

Â