Froch v Groves The Rematch

andykeenan

Just heard it's airing free on channel 872 due to a Skyscumsport balls up.

I assume that's Sky TV only, which I don't have anyway

FB rumour, don't shoot the messenger

Bangbabes?  :D

Huge round from Kevin Mitchell then.  Surprised the ref stopped it so close to the end of the 11th.  It was a 10 - 7 round but there were about three seconds to go...

Yep - I thought he'd give him the benefit of the last few seconds. Decent scrap in the end that one.

It is irrelevant to a ref when in a round someone is in trouble.

Not only does the ref only have a vague idea of the time given that they don't keep it but it isn't a factor to be considered when stopping a fight.

Yep - I thought he'd give him the benefit of the last few seconds. Decent scrap in the end that one.

Not only does the ref only have a vague idea of the time given that they don't keep it but it isn't a factor to be considered when stopping a fight.

I'm not blaming the ref at all, it's not a bad decision, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd let him run to the end of the round, he'll have known they were into the last ten seconds.

Just heard it's airing free on channel 872 due to a Skyscumsport balls up.

I assume that's Sky TV only, which I don't have anyway

That's sooooo gay

I'm not blaming the ref at all, it's not a bad decision, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd let him run to the end of the round, he'll have known they were into the last ten seconds.

I would, the time is or should be completely irrelevant to the decision. Someone is either fit to continue or they aren't.

I would, the time is or should be completely irrelevant to the decision. Someone is either fit to continue or they aren't.

Or they might be if given a short sit down and a splash of water - as I say, no problem with the decision or the referee.

Or they might be if given a short sit down and a splash of water - as I say, no problem with the decision or the referee.

That isn't a consideration in the decision, it just doesn't come into it.

I know you aren't questioning the decision, but what I'm saying is you shouldn't be surprised that decisions like that are made shortly before a bell.

British refs do stop fights too early though.  I'm not sure you would have seen either the DeGale or Mitchell fights stopped when they were stopped in the US or Germany. 

• Like 1

British refs do stop fights too early though.  I'm not sure you would have seen either the DeGale or Mitchell fights stopped when they were stopped in the US or Germany. 

The way they were throwing those fists around though, someone could have got hurt.

• Like 1

Â