Froch v Groves The Rematch

andykeenan

The lads talking about Gonzalez's prep for this fight are making a valid point though, why the hell would you fly out from San Francisco so late?  5000 miles and an eight hour time difference. Maybe you need to get here a bit before Tuesday to acclimatise? 

Nice to see Bruno still looks the same at 50 as he did when he was 25. :D

• Like 1

British refs do stop fights too early though.  I'm not sure you would have seen either the DeGale or Mitchell fights stopped when they were stopped in the US or Germany. 

I agree with you, to a point.

On some occasions, yes i.e. the first Groves fight but at others its less clear. The line between too early and too late is a fine one and its an important one and there is a huge amount at stake if the judgement it wrong.

So frustrating as the decisions are at times, and some are plain wrong, its probably for the best of all concerned and the sport as a whole.

You bugger rob, I've just told my grandad about the rumour and he's phoned me back just. Gay tv!

haha I didn't know til about 60 seconds ago!

• Like 2

And right on que, Micheal Watson.

A living example of why its better that fights are stopped too early than too late.

The thing about the Michael Watson fight is that the ref didn't allow him to take a beating.  Eubank was losing heavily before the fight ended, it was probably a single punch which injured him.  

And right on que, Micheal Watson.

A living example of why its better that fights are stopped too early than too late.

The thing about the Michael Watson fight is that the ref didn't allow him to take a beating.  Eubank was losing heavily before the fight ended, it was probably a single punch which injured him.  

Yeah I remember it well.

It might have changed the mindset of the BBBoC though, that and the McClellan - Benn fight.  I don't even think they had a paramedic at ringside back in those days. 

Â