Premiership Football Last Day 12th May

andykeenan

doesn't matter what happens sunday, win or lose their will be a montage saying how great Liverpool were and how they have saved football and its a pity for neutrals they didn't win the league

• Like 1

I can see similarities between this season Liverpool and Newcastle managed by Keegan...and both self-destructed at the end of the season too.

I think the major difference is that everybody wanted Newcastle to win it that year!

• Like 2

Yeah Liverpool haven't self destructed at all. They've won what? 12 of their last 14 games?

They've hardly collapsed. Quite the opposite.

I'd say collapsing from 0-3 lead to 3-3 against Palace in the last 12 minutes is self-destructing.

Yeah Liverpool haven't self destructed at all. They've won what? 12 of their last 14 games?

They've hardly collapsed. Quite the opposite.

I'd say collapsing from 0-3 lead to 3-3 against Palace in the last 12 minutes is self-destructing.

yeah in one game. But you were talking in terms of the season as a whole, or at least that's how I interpreted it.

Even including that result, the end to their season has been phenomenal.

I can see similarities between this season Liverpool and Newcastle managed by Keegan...and both self-destructed at the end of the season too.

Yeah, they really **** things up when they won 11 of their last 13 games.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I can kind of see his point. They did well to even get into the title race but at the same time when they finally got into a very commanding position they blew it by losing to Chelsea at home (not long after beating City) and then blowing a 3 goal lead at Palace.

It's a bit like the many occasions against United where we've gone 2-0 up and then ended up drawing/losing in the last minutes.

I can kind of see his point. They did well to even get into the title race but at the same time when they finally got into a very commanding position they blew it by losing to Chelsea at home (not long after beating City) and then blowing a 3 goal lead at Palace.

It's a bit like the many occasions against United where we've gone 2-0 up and then ended up drawing/losing in the last minutes.

Yeah, that's what I exactly meant. You people are right that Newcastle really blew up their 12 point lead but I meant by similarities that both play to win even to their detriment, like Liverpool against Crystal Palace they were chasing more goals when tactically better choice would've been to shut the game down and keep 3-1 or 3-2 win.

I mean all Liverpool fans really did wrong was celebrate like they had won the league when there were still three games to go. 

Personally, I'd love Man U to get the Europa league just so they would have to play in Vladivostok on a Thursday night on ITV4, and then have to play Leicester on a Sunday lunch time. So there's another reason to hope we smash Spuds on Sunday. *As we needed another motive!

Â