Premiership Football Last Day 12th May

andykeenan

I can kind of see his point. They did well to even get into the title race but at the same time when they finally got into a very commanding position they blew it by losing to Chelsea at home (not long after beating City) and then blowing a 3 goal lead at Palace.

It's a bit like the many occasions against United where we've gone 2-0 up and then ended up drawing/losing in the last minutes.

Blew it by not finishing on a record winning streak? They likely wouldn't have won it with the palace result anyway, and the only reason they were in it was an insane run. Edited by Rovers13

They didn't though did they. Maybe the ones you know.

Did you not see Anfield after the Man City game?

I did and the scenes outside before the game. Made me jealous as fook that we're soooo far away from being in a similar position.

I know a Liverpool fan who has the prem trophy and 'Liverpool 13-14 winners' as a tattoo on his back, done before the Chelsea game (I only found out this week).

Magnificent!

I granted them and I've not let them cancel them :)

I take it you don't get invited on work nights out?

If they're a bunch of Liverpool fans then it's probably a good thing.

• Like 1

They didn't though did they. Maybe the ones you know.

They did though didn't they. Maybe the ones you know didn't.

But I had a load of holiday requests from the guys in our Liverpool office after the Chelsea game for Monday and the trophy parade.

I granted them and I've not let them cancel them :)

Would you have preferred it if they had not booked the day off with a couple of weeks notice but waited for the confirmation of them winning the league and pulled a sick day instead?

• Like 1

I can kind of see his point. They did well to even get into the title race but at the same time when they finally got into a very commanding position they blew it by losing to Chelsea at home (not long after beating City) and then blowing a 3 goal lead at Palace.

It's a bit like the many occasions against United where we've gone 2-0 up and then ended up drawing/losing in the last minutes.

Blew it by not finishing on a record winning streak? They likely wouldn't have won it with the palace result anyway, and the only reason they were in it was an insane run.

They could've drew against Chelsea and beat Palace and likely still won it. Losing to that Chelsea team was poor though, they rested basically everyone.

Apparently, that clearing in the woods Dyke has said he doesn't want Man City to win, because they don't have many English players in the team?

If we are looking at squads (City have 25, so I am using 25 for Liverpool)

Liverpool have: Johnson, Sterling, Sturridge, Gerrard, Henderson, Kelly, Flanagan (also Smith, who has been on the bench in the league). 

City have:Hart, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Rodwell, Wright.

Not exactly a huge difference... Guess the 'want' for Liverpool to win is strong.

Am I wrong to think this is bloody picky of Dyke?

Edited by dodgyknees

To be fair of Liverpool's best 11, 5 or 6 are English players (not sure if Flanagan is their best lb). While in City's Best 11 you have Hart and Milner gets rotated in a fair bit. 

In case anyone wants to informally continue Con's prediction contest:

Cardiff 0-2 Chelsea

Fulham 0-1 Palace

Hull 0-1 Everton

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle

Man City 3-0 West Ham

Norwich 0-1 Arsenal

Southampton 0-1 Man Utd

Sunderland 1-1 Swansea

Spurs 1-0 Villa

WBA 1-1 Stoke

In case anyone wants to informally continue Con's prediction contest:

Cardiff 0-2 Chelsea

Fulham 0-1 Palace

Hull 0-1 Everton

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle

Man City 3-0 West Ham

Norwich 0-1 Arsenal

Southampton 0-1 Man Utd

Sunderland 1-1 Swansea

Spurs 1-0 Villa

WBA 1-1 Stoke

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

I was going to do a world cup prediction contest and these contests were trial runs. I am interested in a prediction contest for the Premier League next year though.

I'd also like to invent a new fantasy league as I think the existing format has gone a bit stale and has deviated from reality. I don't like the fact everyone can buy the same player and make so many changes. I would like there to be a limited number of Suarez. And you you can only sell if someone wants to buy the player off you - like real trading.

Â