World Cup Prediction League?

villaajax

On another forum I use, I'm pretty much responsible for starting the prediction leagues for the Euros and the World cups but I don't think we ever play it on VT so I wondered, would anyone be interested?

Basically, you put your prediction in before kick off or it won't count and get points based on the result. 3 points for the correct score, 1 point for the correct result, 0 for a wrong prediction.

so let's take the opening game for example and say it ends

Brazil 2-1 Croatia

Prediction A: Brazil 2-1 Croatia (Scores 3 points)

Prediction B: Brazil 1-0 Croatia (Scores 1 point)

Prediction C: Brazil 1-1 Croatia (Scores 0 points)

Prediction D: Brazil 1-2 Croatia (Scores 0 points)

Anyone interested?

villaajax

Voinjama

coda

dodgyknees

maqroll

Ginko

stwefano

Zatman

AVFCforever1991

CardiffGreens

PussEKatt

Paddywhack

daggy_333

Davkaus

Xela

ismail-villa

GarethRDR

Mantis

chappy

Wainy316

Daniel

rendelc

Adam_

Rino8

8pints

Ghost

kurtsimonw

Edited by villaajax
  • Like 1

I'm in. The points system looks simple and makes sense unlike the one employed on here recently.

This might get more interest in Other Football.

• Like 1

It's always worked well on the other forum, for the Euro 2012 league we had 20 people, I think there were more for the 2010 World Cup. They even Premiership prediction league which has been running for years but I don't bother playing that one.

It's fun and gets quite competitive.

There are extra rules for penalties, basically if you predict a knockout game will end in a draw after 90 minutes + extra time, you can get a bonus point for predicting who will win on penalties, don't need the penalty scores just the winner.

Maybe two bonus points would be better if you're bold enough to predict penalty winners?

I can confirm I would be interested in this, and I will be kicking everyones ass. Got 13 out of 16 in 2010 for group advances. But whats the prize at the end?

The warm feeling inside that you're better than your fellow VTers. And I'll cobble together some kind of winner's graphic if you like?

I can confirm I would be interested in this, and I will be kicking everyones ass.

Pride comes before a fall, you know ;)

I'll play.