World Cup Prediction League?

villaajax

Maybe use something like http://www.predictaddict.co.uk?

Then everyone just logs in and makes their predictions and the rankings are done for us rather than you having to manually do all of the work.

That takes the fun out of it... <_<

Hmm...I have some spreadsheets I need to make for work, if you're looking for more fun? :D

• Like 1

I have been running a comp along these same lines every 2 years since 2002. Its for our local pub and everyone pays a tenner. 60% to the winner  30% to second and 10% to third.  We usually get about 80 - 100 entrants. Always  more for the world cup than the euros.    Ive never won anything so far !

Never a yellow, that's an awful decision .

Fantastic challenge by Delph.

Edit::Well that's the wrong topic, buit **** it, I think my point stands.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

How are you going to organise it ajax?

The timing of the group games can be a little awkward so I've always sets of x amount of games at a time, I think for the World Cup, games 1-8, 9-16 and so on until the knockout stages.

So I'll ask for your predictions for games 1-8, you post them and I'll add up the points as the games go on. Probably on day 2 (or 3 if you include the opening game as a 'day') I'll ask your predictions for the next set of games, giving you all at least 24 hours to get predictions in. There will be a little overlap there but I've done it enough in the past.

I'll put up a table and update it daily so we all know how things stand. Predictions must be in before kick off or they will not count, no exceptions. You don't have to predict all of the games in one, as long as they are in before kick off for the match being predicted.

That's pretty much it, it's quite straight forward and really not that complicated.