$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Did i miss something who is "the rich machine"

Ritchie Rich?

With Dollar the Dog as CEO?

TT was talking about Bob Rich my friend. The fact lawyers are still in town has to be a positive whoever they are looking at.

Did i miss something who is "the rich machine"

Ritchie Rich?

With Dollar the Dog as CEO?

TT was talking about Bob Rich my friend. The fact lawyers are still in town has to be a positive whoever they are looking at.

Ah right 

All depends how long the talks have been ongoing for. There's so much ground work which needs to be done before negotiations begin to take place e.g. valuations of assets, checking accounts, checking potential for expansion. Hopefully the fact that the lawyers may be over here would mean that the majority of the groundwork has been completed and negotiations are underway.

• Like 1

The Rich machine out to NY at lunchtime.

The lawyers remain...........

Surely just had a look around? Fact the lawyers remain is good. 

If he did come to have a look around then surely somebody must have witnessed this? I need Ron Vlaar style pictures from somebody on a stadium tour!

All depends how long the talks have been ongoing for. There's so much ground work which needs to be done before negotiations begin to take place e.g. valuations of assets, checking accounts, checking potential for expansion. Hopefully the fact that the lawyers may be over here would mean that the majority of the groundwork has been completed and negotiations are underway.

Boom! Spot on RMB

If he did come to have a look around then surely somebody must have witnessed this? I need Ron Vlaar style pictures from somebody on a stadium tour!

I would suspect if this is true that most talks will be held away from VP, possibly a tour of VP was during the evening.

Given the OGS saga - wouldn't He have come in plane that couldn't so easily be tagged to him....? - Hope I am wrong but nothing in this me thinks...

I think the deal has been agreed and now they're doing the due dilligence, and the paperwork is being done. I'd expect us to hear at least something by end of the week or early next week but completing the deal is probably 2-4 weeks away.

Given the OGS saga - wouldn't He have come in plane that couldn't so easily be tagged to him....? - Hope I am wrong but nothing in this me thinks...

Maybe they're that far that they don't care anymore? *Eternal foolish optimist*

Anyone know why Newcastle havent found a buyer after all this time? Is it because pie man is looking to much?

Or Everton a side consistently finishing around the top 6 spots never seem to find a buyer

i know a few everton fans who are convinced this "looking to sell" thing with then the excuses of the poor infrastructure and the FFP rules from kenwright is a smokescreen so he can run the club on just enough of a budget to keep them competitive (which fair play to them, they are) whilst he pockets a bit of cash every summer, are they really looking to sell? with the tv money and the 2 new bumper sponsorship deals starting next season everton wont be far off making some decent money

plus then i've also seen a liverpool fan on RAWK arguing that villa are a better buy than everton and newcastle, main reason for everton wasnt the infrastructure but the fact that we were the biggest team in a far bigger city (birmingham is twice as big, west midlands is 10 times as big) so our potential for growth within our own region if we had a successful team was far higher, same with newcastle, if they were a CL team would they get much bigger? they're a 1 team town, 10k more people aren't going to pop up every Saturday if they became successful, the potential in villa is far higher than either of those 2 clubs

If that was the case - then Lambert wouldn't be so downbeat , about a takeover happening quickly...

It depends on what he's been told, "Stay for couple weeks and you'll get your compensation but after that you're off when new owners takes charge".

You're not trying to troll me, are you? :D

ok, reading through the past 30 pages, this the summary:

Robert Rich, owner of Buffalo Bisons minor league baseball team, has landed at BHX (or at least his plane has).

A plane belonging to a new-York law firm has also landed at BHX.

These landings may be related to the Villa takeover.

questions:

- Is owning a minor league baseball team a small or large purchase compared to buying Aston Villa? 

- How have the Buffalo Bisons done since being bought?

Do you not think though guys, if Bob Rich had been looking round bodymoor heath and Villa park he would have been spotted and reported on.

Isn't Pete Colley generally camped outside BMH? I wish this was true but we're putting 2+2 and getting 10

I think this was discussed yesterday. I doubt a billionaire is that bothered about whether a bunch of nerds on the internet are one step ahead of everyone else. He certainly wouldn't be bothered to the point that he would not travel in his comfy, personal jet. I doubt Randy would say "Do you have your own plane?... Oh yeah, me too, but don't use it, the Villa fans will know it's you" :D... Also, it's not like the OGS saga, where his current team get wind of him looking at a new team. A billionaire could buy a different team in each European country if he wanted.
  • Like 1

If you were a multi-billionaire with your own private jet would you go out of your way to not use it on the off chance that TheTrees was watching?

There is a very good chance that somebody at AVFC monitors these message boards, the sudden disappearance of HH hints towards this, and Robert Rich was not mentioned previously so maybe they thought it wouldn't be picked up on.