$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The statement had to come out on Monday otherwise there would've been meltdown. Especially after the way we finished the season. Whether we are close to a deal I don't know but I can guarantee we never went up for sale on Monday and that there has been a lot of work done already behind the scenes. Hopefully we are close and it was literally a holding statement for the fans.

• Like 1

The statement had to come out on Monday otherwise there would've been meltdown. Especially after the way we finished the season. Whether we are close to a deal I don't know but I can guarantee we never went up for sale on Monday and that there has been a lot of work done already behind the scenes. Hopefully we are close and it was literally a holding statement for the fans.

If youre doing a deal of £200m+ a fan meltdown shouldn't really stress you to much......

It simply makes sense that Randy will have been looking for buyers for the last few months, at least! People can take the statement at face value and treat it as 'facts are facts', but it's obvious that Randy didn't decide to sell on Monday morning, and he wouldn't want to drag out the sale (stay our owner) longer than necessary!

It simply makes sense that Randy will have been looking for buyers for the last few months, at least! People can take the statement at face value and treat it as 'facts are facts', but it's obvious that Randy didn't decide to sell on Monday morning, and he wouldn't want to drag out the sale (stay our owner) longer than necessary!

Agreed - but the worse case scenario is he has been looking to sell for a considerable amount of time - but no takers - Monday's statement is a last ditch attempt to flush out a buyer....

I think we will have a massive rumour over the weekend one at least one prospective buyer...

I seriously doubt Lerner will sack Lambert for a number of reasons:

1.  He's already praised him for doing what was asked of him.   I believe he's sincere about this.  He won't "reward" him by sacking him.

2.  If he sacks him, he'll have to pay him off.   Why not wait until the club is sold and let the new owner pay him off.   Particularly if it's not a done deal he doesn't even know for sure that the new owner wants him gone.

3.  If he sacks him and a sale is not completed by mid-summer, he'll have to go through a rushed manager search for a club he has no interest in running any longer.   Why would he do that?

• Like 2

I'm fairly confident that we have a buyer. I still feel that the statement was more than putting the feelers out. It seemed like it could be the last thing we ever hear from Randy. (also, I fully believe what 'The K-Man' posted earlier, which also indicated that there is a buyer).

1.  He's already praised him for doing what was asked of him.   I believe he's sincere about this.  He won't "reward" him by sacking him.

2.  If he sacks him, he'll have to pay him off.   Why not wait until the club is sold and let the new owner pay him off.   Particularly if it's not a done deal he doesn't even know for sure that the new owner wants him gone.

3.  If he sacks him and a sale is not completed by mid-summer, he'll have to go through a rushed manager search for a club he has no interest in running any longer.   Why would he do that?

2 reasons Lambo might leave though...

Takeover imminent - they want a new bloke in

Takeover not imminent - Lambo takes his chances elsewhere with a mutual consent from Lerner.

2 reasons Lambo might leave though...

Takeover imminent - they want a new bloke in

Takeover not imminent - Lambo takes his chances elsewhere with a mutual consent from Lerner.

True, but he has said he wants to and intends to be here next year.  He may figure he can't get a job that pays what he's getting now and it's worth risking a few months out of a job to stay on since he'll have his payoff.

The meeting between Lerner, Faulker and Lambert is probably one last meeting before they sell, and he will give them one last golden handshake. What do we know about Lerner? For all his faults and mistakes, he always wants to do the right thing and has come across as nice guy.

Finally caught up with you guys for the day!

So, nothing's happened.

My wife had a baby.

Is the baby an oil-rich Arab? If not you might as well put it back.

Seriously though, congrats!

If youre doing a deal of £200m+ a fan meltdown shouldn't really stress you to much......

But a fan base in revolt wouldn't sit well with any potential owners also I like to think Lerner still has respect for the fans. Otherwise he wouldn't have released the earlier statement.

So, nothing's happened.

My wife had a baby.
Oh yeah, congrats!!!

Your wife having a baby was one of the best reads for today :)

Well done mate, well done.

Edited by AVTuco

So, nothing's happened.

My wife had a baby.

Boy / Girl ?

He forgot to ask, too preoccupied with this thread.
  • Like 3