Serge Aurier

Villan4Life

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5545186/Serge-Aurier-wanted-by-Arsenal-Aston-Villa-and-Newcastle.html

ASTON VILLA and Newcastle will join Arsenal in a £6million summer fight for Toulouse’s Serge Aurier.

The full-back is a top target for the Premier League trio after revealing he wants to quit the French Ligue 1 side at the end of the season.

To read more of this article sign up for Sun+ today.

Also here:

http://news.coral.co.uk/football/premier-league/aston-villa-newcastle-tracking-6m-arsenal-target-serge-aurier_27878.html

versatile Ivory Coast international defender Serge Aurier has emerged as a target for Premier League pair Aston Villa and Newcastle United, as well as odds-on 4/9 FA Cup favourites Arsenal.

According to tabloid rumours, attacking Toulouse right back Aurier, 21, who can also operate at centre half, wants to quit the French club – where he is under contract until 2018 – in the summer. He is reportedly valued at around £6m.

Toulouse are comfortably mid-table in Ligue 1, but are 10 points off the European places with seven games left. Aurier has scored five goals and made seven assists in the league from a wingback berth, as manager Alain Casanova plays with a back three.

Villa manager Paul Lambert is looking to reinforce the right-sided full back spot following claims he fell out with Matthew Lowton. The West Midlands outfit have often deployed Dutchman Leandro Bacuna in this position this term, but he is the club’s second top-scorer behind Christian Benteke, so is more valuable further forward.

Newcastle, meanwhile, are believed to be bracing themselves for a summer bid from 11/1 Champions League chances PSG for their first-choice right back Mathieu Debuchy. Alan Pardew saw former director of football Joe Kinnear sell playmaker Yohan Cabaye to the French champions in January.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger targeted Aurier because Bacary Sagna is out of contract at the Emirates at the end of the season. The France defender is understood to want a three-year deal from Arsenal, but that would go against the club’s policy of only offering one-year contracts to players over the age of 30.

Aurier and Toulouse teammate Jean-Daniel Akpa-Akpro are both set to go to the World Cup this summer with their country. The Ivory Coast have been drawn in Group C with pool favourites Colombia, Greece and Japan, and are even-money to qualify for the knockout phase.

Seems like the perfect replacement for Sagna at Arsenal.

Edit - But obviously I'd love us to sign him. I just don't think we have the clout to fight with Arsenal or spend £6m on a RB when we've got more pressing issues.

Edited by ArteSuave

With Lowton to Leicester or Derby looking so suitable, we are almost certainly going to be in the market for a right-back. Whether Bacuna is good enough there or not, we can't have only one player in the squad who can play there. Whether we're interested in this guy who knows, but the papers are right, RB has a good chance of being one of our main targets this summer. 

I've never seen him play but I'm confident he is better than Lowton and Bacuna combined. Bearing in mind the common criticism of those two is that they can't defend, another attacking right back should be a priority. If we don't sign the guy, Lambert Out.

Whenever i've seen Debuchy play for Newcastle I haven't been that impressed, I'd be surp rised if PSG were interested. As for us I doubt very much we'd be spending 6 million on a right back. I wonder if we'll do a lot of our bussiness later in the window this time.

He can play centre-back too I believe.

Yep, apparently so. Would be ideal for us but he's very highly rated and I would think we have next to no chance of signing him.

I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement but from all that I've read and heard, I would have to agree that this seems highly improbable.

Edited by Isa

He can play centre-back too I believe.

Yep, apparently so. Would be ideal for us but he's very highly rated and I would think we have next to no chance of signing him.

I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement but from all that I've read and heard, I would have to agree that this seems highly improbable.

Never say never mate!! Look who was linked with Okore last season after great season he had in Denmark and also excelling in Champions League games.. Chelsea and Man Utd and where did he end up? :) i'm hoping this can be more of the same

• Like 1

Monster in the making and we wouldn't be anywhere close to the best deal he's offered. He's going to be very, very good and it's no secret.

I agree, although the same could be and was said about Okore

• Like 2

Â