Fallou Diagne

samjp26

SETAL.NET-Senegalese defender of Fribourg (German D1), Fallou Diagne, coveted by many European clubs, considering, with his agent, starting at the end of this season.

SETAL.NET-'' The club and the coach does not want to let me go but clubs are not missing me,'' said the young central defender in an interview with the private radio station RFM.

Speaking of clubs from the news, he cited the Borussia Dortmund qualified in the quarterfinals of the Champions League but English clubs Fulham and Aston Villa.

In France, where the former resident Generation Foot was formed before joining Germany, three years there, he cited clubs Bordeaux and Rennes.

Unlike last season where he played 30 games, according to statistics reported by the website of French sports daily L'Equipe, during this season, Fallou Diagne played only 12 games in the league and three Europa League matches .

The former midfielder has been converted into a central defender, on his arrival in Germany.

Friday's victory (3-1) of his team against Werder Bremen, Diagne was not present.

Aged 24, this resident ormer Generation Foot, after post-training in Metz, joined the professional team of Garnets.

In the group of players who started the playoffs the 2012 Olympics, he disappeared in the number of the selection.

In December 2011, he left to join FC Metz Fribourg.

http://m.setal.net/Fallou-Diagne-envisage-un-depart-de-Fribourg_a25557.html

Interesting to hear such speculation from the player himself. Would definitely be a good addition to the squad, glad we may be looking at Freiburg's players as they have some talented individuals.

Edited by limpid
  • Like 1

I get the feeling Germany, Holland and Scandanavia will be our main hunting grounds from here on in. Arguably the best value for money to be found there

Far better than over paying for the tripe that passes for 'English Talent' anyway.

Well if he's citing Borussia Dortmund and they are interested then i very much doubt we'll see him in claret and blue. Can't compete with them.

Dunno, it says that he hasn't been a regular this season and Dortmund I would have thought would go for someone who makes the first team more often. Nice link either way.

Freiburg defender Fallou Diagne has told radio station RFM that clubs from across Europe have expressed an interest in acquiring his services.

The 24-year-old is approaching the end of his second season in Germany, having moved to the Bundesliga from French outfit Metz.

His progress has been closely monitored by a number of sides, and they are now ready to make their move.

Freiburg would be reluctant sellers, but Diagne is determined to make the most of a golden opportunity.

He claims the likes of Aston Villa, Fulham, Borussia Dortmund, Bordeaux and Rennes are all chasing his signature, and he will make a decision on his future when the summer transfer window opens.

Diagne told RFM: "The club and the coach do not want to let me go but (other) clubs do not want to miss out on me."

One sticking point in any Premier League move for Diagne could be his lack of international experience.

He is yet to be capped by Senegal at senior level and may struggle to obtain a work permit unless he can obtain an EU passport.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9234580/transfer-news-interest-growing-in-freiburg-defender-fallou-diagne

Â