Best goal at Villa Park

Crumpet

After Benteke's masterclass in how to control a ball on your chest and volley, I thought it would be a good chance to get this thread going.

Be it an Angel header, a Dwight Yorke overhead kick, a Tony Daley dribble, which has been the goal that sticks in the memory?

Edited by Crumpet

So many spring to mind, Chris Nicholl V Everton at Old Trafford, Peter Withe against Bayern, Denis Mortimer against Liverpool in the title year but after much changing of my mind Dean Saunders v Ipswich.

• Like 3

paul merson scored a couple of unbelievable goals in the same game vs watford (managed by graham taylor) about 10/12 years ago, both in front of the holte.

And I was late and missed both of them. Think it was 3-0 by the time I rocked up with an hour gone.

paul merson scored a couple of unbelievable goals in the same game vs watford (managed by graham taylor) about 10/12 years ago, both in front of the holte.

And I was late and missed both of them. Think it was 3-0 by the time I rocked up with an hour gone.

yeh both trademark magicman outside of the right foot finishes! because lets face it, he never had a left foot... didnt need one.

Â