Best goal at Villa Park

Crumpet

Yorke's goal against Sheffield Wednesday, in the 92/93 season, would be my pick. The passing and movement in the build up was mesmerising.

Zing!

Oh yes, liquid football.

• Like 3

Luc Nillis for me that flick and the angle, he hit it from was sublime.

This one.

I was so excited at getting to see him play for Villa and then the break happened :(.  His goal against Chelsea was stunning though.

• Like 1

and collymore vs athletico can never be overlooked, the celebration too, still love stan for that.

That's my choice. Great mix of a quality goal and crowd going nuts!!

In terms of "the moment" - I'll agree with you both there. That was a crazy night.

However in terms of difficulty to do - I'd go for Tekkers. The strength to maintain your balance while being bummed by a big bastard and then the technique to control it  and catch it that perfect. That is a pretty long list of diffiult things to do. Very few players could even do the chest bit.

Astonishing.

Tony Daley against Man City 1991, bit of a hoof....but memorable all the same.

The volley was that? I was at VP for the Luton goal I think (the 90s took a huge toll on my poor little brain, memory is shot to bits).

Tony Daley against Man City 1991, bit of a hoof....but memorable all the same.

Brian Moore (RIP) commentated -

"A fabulous goal... for Tony Daley..."

It was awesome route 1 football. Spink to Daley to back of the net. Loved it.

So many memorable Villa Park moments - and not all scored by Villa players e.g. the previously mentioned Scholes volley... Crespo late on for Chelsea (think we won 2 or 3-1?) and what about Giggs against Arsenal in the FA Cup (not even Villa playing!!).

Sheffield Wednesday at home in 92/93 was as fluid and orgasmic as you will see in the build up to that goal. I still dream about that one...

Saunders against Ipswich...

Carbone against Leeds in the FA Cup... Sexual and so casual...

The Phil King Inter Milan Penalty? What balls of steel.

Nilis against Chelsea.

Cahill against SHA.

Difficult to pick an overall special though... Benteke might just take it with his effort yesterday.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1

Mcinally against Millwall in the league cup. Took the ball inside his own half and beat about 3 or 4 of their players before slotting it home.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Â