Best goal at Villa Park

Crumpet

Tony Daley against Man City 1991, bit of a hoof....but memorable all the same.

Brian Moore (RIP) commentated -

"A fabulous goal... for Tony Daley..."

It was awesome route 1 football. Spink to Daley to back of the net. Loved it.

Pedant alert: Apart from it being Les Sealey who was the goalkeeper and Regis headed it on from him to Daley. ;) [/pedant] Really great goal, though.

• Like 1

Paul scholes volley from edge of the area.

Yeah or Pires against Schmiechel or even Giggs against Arsenal in the FA cup.

Pores was quality. Along with the scholes volley, the only times I've clapped an opposition goal.

I did the same. Also clapped an Ashley Cole goal for arsenal. A superb team move that ripped us apart.

• Like 1

Two spring to mind from Villa vs Bournemouth 1972. Ted MacDougall's flying header in front of the Holte and Andy Lochhead's winning voley at the same end in front of 48,110 in Division 3.  

Think I'll always remember Angel's celebreation of that Chelsea goal more than the goal itself for some reason.

Benteke's against Norwich was definitely the best I've seen in person at VP. Pires' against us in 2002 also comes close. It was one of those goals that you can admire even though it was scored against us.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

For me it has to be Rambo vs Millwall.

For goals against us I have always recalled a screamer that Neil Ruddock netted against us and I think it may have been in the same game? I've had a lot of beer since then so forgive me if I am wrong!

Tony Daley against Man City 1991, bit of a hoof....but memorable all the same.

Brian Moore (RIP) commentated -

"A fabulous goal... for Tony Daley..."

It was awesome route 1 football. Spink to Daley to back of the net. Loved it.

Pedant alert: Apart from it being Les Sealey who was the goalkeeper and Regis headed it on from him to Daley. ;) [/pedant] Really great goal, though.

Cheers - I'm getting old... The club need to get that 1991/92 season on DVD now. Some good times then. I will search Youtube for this goal.

Les Sealey - RIP... Mr Angry.

• Like 1

Yeah, there are a few seasons that could do with a review released on DVD. That one, '89/90, '95/96 and the obvious '92/93 season. My VHS copies are getting a bit worn out...

Paul scholes volley from edge of the area.

Yeah or Pires against Schmiechel or even Giggs against Arsenal in the FA cup.

Pores was quality. Along with the scholes volley, the only times I've clapped an opposition goal.

I did the same. Also clapped an Ashley Cole goal for arsenal. A superb team move that ripped us apart.

I did clap Rodallega goal for Wigan a few years back. That was just a quality goal.

Tony Morley vs Anderlect - European Cup Semi Final.

Seem to remember Beckhams goal against us beginning of 95-96 season was not bad, though I was at other end of the ground.

Tony Morley vs Ipswich 22/03/1980  First Goal I saw a Villa player score on my first match at VP!

Kent Nielsen v Inter

Boom

I was there! I think Platt's wasn't bad either?

I remember the Rambo effort from the highlights the very same evening (might've been Central News) and i'll never forget that one.

Really like the Angel and Nilis goals too.

I'd love to see highlights from the game v Barcelona (and Shaw's goal), anyone know if that's online? It was a bit before my time unfortunately.

Â