England v Denmark Friendly

andykeenan

Why the need to pick 30 for just 1 game. With regards to Ashley Cole, Hodgson was right to pick him. If he didn't pick him, it would send out the wrong message. Cleverley should not be in there, Defoe I rate highly but he hasn't played enough this season. Overall Hodgson picked the correct players.

Edited by Voinjama

Some Everton fans asking why Barry not been picked as his played well and deserves to be in there. If Hodgson was gonna pick him surely would have by now or in his past few squads. Does beg the question how Cleverly gets picked over someone like Barry

• Like 1

adam johnson and barry not being in there and then smalling and cleverley being in there would be my moans

players like glen johnson, defoe, caulker etc the long list of players that simply arent good enough but realistically we dont have anyone else, its a really poor squad

Some Everton fans asking why Barry not been picked as his played well and deserves to be in there. If Hodgson was gonna pick him surely would have by now or in his past few squads. Does beg the question how Cleverly gets picked over someone like Barry

Agreed. Just goes to show the ineptitude of Hodgson really. If Cleverley played for Everton and Barry played for United would Hodgson call up the former and leave out the latter (providing their form was the same)? Probably not.

Aren't Forster and Hart about the same age? Agree with the rest, though.

Yeah they probably are and I would have Hart as the number one, but Forster needs some games as experience just incase hart gets injured

Edited by mikeyp102

Extraordinary.

Noble of West Ham must be asking the same thing. Why Cleverley? Just why? Is Hodgson his uncle??

Cleverley aside I love the pseudo-depth we have in midfield. none of them are really world class but other than Cleverley who might be at Luton Town next season I wouldn't object to any of them starting.

Fraser Forster played in the last friendly didn't he? I agree a 30 man is excessive but think Capello just to pick those sized squads as inevitable a player or two will get an injury this weekend.

The Liverpool boys deserve to be there on merit. It would've been good to see him drop a couple of the United mob given how mediocre they've looked this season, obviously Cleverley we all agree on but I'd question Smalling and Wellbeck being in the squad especially as Wellbeck has been injured for most of the last two months.

I imagine the 30 man squad is just to get everyone together.

The 23 will likely come from that 30 so its the last chance to get everyone together to train, discuss things, see how people act etc

Its not about having 30 players for a game against Denmark. The game is just one part of it I imagine.

Â