England v Denmark Friendly

andykeenan

Some Everton fans asking why Barry not been picked as his played well and deserves to be in there. If Hodgson was gonna pick him surely would have by now or in his past few squads. Does beg the question how Cleverly gets picked over someone like Barry

Extraordinary.

Noble of West Ham must be asking the same thing. Why Cleverley? Just why? Is Hodgson his uncle??

Cleverley fits the side far better than noble, he's just better.

Can we at least see a young fresh team

Hart

Walker caulker Cahill shaw

Barkley wilshire Henderson

Townsend Sturridge Ox

Swap Forster with hart and sterling with Townsend and that would be my team. May as well get the younger players used to playing together

I agree a 30 man is excessive but think Capello just to pick those sized squads as inevitable a player or two will get an injury this weekend.

steven "captain fantastic" gerrard is odds on...

agree with the squad size though, dont see why they dont do it for every friendly, they should be looking at everyone, delph for example this year, lowton last year, absolutely no harm in watching them in training and see how everyone fits together

Not sure why all the shouts for Forster.

Hart is better, and is only 11 months older than Forster.

Hart would be my number 1 for the tournament, I've said Forster for the friendly though as he needs some game time just in case hart gets injured/ suspended at the WC

• Like 1

Really, Roy? I mean really.

The chief criticism levelled at him has been that he does not do enough on the pitch to justify his place in the United team, which prompted the 24-year-old to admit recently that he felt like a "scapegoat".

However, he continues to be selected by United manager David Moyes and Hodgson has named him in his 30-man squad for England's friendly game at home to Denmark next week.

"The strengths I see are the strengths that David Moyes sees as well, because he picks him on a fairly regular basis himself," Hodgson said on Thursday.

"I don't think there'd be many people who would deny that he's a talented footballer. He's a very good passer of the ball, very involved in the game.

"When things were going well for Manchester United, people enjoyed what he was doing: getting on the ball, keeping it moving, making certain that he was working hard to get back in position and help out defensively.

"Unfortunately, because at the moment he's playing in a team where the results are not going their way, the spotlight sometimes lands quicker on the Cleverleys than it maybe does on some of the better-known players or players who had very good seasons last season."

JGyYlqa.gif

if he's dropping hart as keeper then IMO it has to be for forster based on form or foster because he's the 2nd best

the back 4, johnson is utter wank, 50th cap FFS, not a clue how, caulker no problems with might as well look at him, smalling is shit, and i mean every but as shit as cleverley shit, shaw think will happen, again dont see the harm in seeing if he's ready

henderson, deserves it, he's in good form, cleverley, behave, sterling, again good form, barkley, not ready IMO being hyped to death but its too soon for him would rather try lallana in there, ox i think will end up playing that kind of role so would like to see him given a chance

lambert, he's still dining out on his debut, he's not good enough

that team as a whole, never going to happen, welbeck is in poor form again for utd but good form for england so he'll be in there with rooney and sturridge, not sure about the midfield, gerrard hasnt pulled out yet... back 4 put in walker at RB and then cahill at CB

if smalling and cleverley start then roy really is clueless

I would play

Ruddy

Johnson Smalling Caulker Shaw

Henderson Cleverley

Sterling Barkley Chamberlain

Lambert

This is such a weird and random team.

It's like a mix of young hopefuls and past it/not good enough cloggers.

I would play

Ruddy

Johnson Smalling Caulker Shaw

Henderson Cleverley

Sterling Barkley Chamberlain

Lambert

This is such a weird and random team.

It's like a mix of young hopefuls and past it/not good enough cloggers.

Exactly.

We play all our serious players in the Peru, Ecuador and Honduras friendlies.

No point playing people who are definitely on the plane.

Might as well use this game to try out those who we are undecided on.

Edited by TRS-T

its not that simple, you need to see how the undecided on players play with the established ones, it should be about the best partnerships rather than the best players, i always thought barry and gerrard played well together, which is why im surprised if gerrard has this new mentality and role (?? which ive seen him play and im not convinced he does) he hasnt been called up

i think it will be henderson, gerrard and a.n.other in the middle

• Like 1

Yeah that.

I'd rather see 4 or 5 certain starters and then the rest made up of fringe players. See who works and who doesn't with established players.

I don't particularly care if a Henderson/Cleverly midfield works, because there's no chance of them playing as our midfield 2 in the World Cup.

Edited by Stevo985

Â