The Boring Thread

Spoony

Checked into a non smoking room at Leicester services and the person before me has clearly been smoking in it

Serves you right for being in Leicester

I just wrote down a customer's DOB as 17th July 1971, when in fact it was 17th July 1961!   :crylaugh:

Luckily, I noticed a second after doing it and I was able to correct my error.

I just got to work and remembered this from yesterday. My work mates are rolling their eyes at me now, they still can't believe I did it.  :lol:

I am working from home, again. I might have to go in to the office tomorrow. It'll be the first time in just over 2 weeks.

It's always fun to see my coffee cup when I've previously abandoned it half full and left it on my desk for an extended period of time.

Another day working from home - going stir crazy. That bored I even initiated a conversation with the cleaning lady in the communal hallways. She looked at me as though I was going to rape her (I wasn't)

They aren't really a thing in the UK. I put it down to a lot of houses being built near rivers/in floodplains, and a basement would just be a bad idea.

I've known one guy with a basement, and he lived way out in the country, far from any river and up a hill.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Checked into a non smoking room at Leicester services and the person before me has clearly been smoking in it

Serves you right for being in Leicester

it got worse than that ... the following day I was in Manchester   .. though at least there my room didn't smell like a chain smoker had lived in the wardrobe

Does anyone here have a basement? They seem to be reasonably common in popular culture, but I don't think I know anyone has has one.

Some friends of mine had one, that they turned into a bar, called The Fritzl Suite.

Â