Grant Holt

samjp26

I don't mind him starting. If (and it's a big if) he's ever going to do anything for us I think he needs to be involved from the start.

What I will mind is if he's clearly being ineffective, nothing being done about it. If he's playing crap then things need to be changed.

Exactly. No doubt everyone will be moaning if he starts tomorrow but with Benteke, Kozak and probably Gabby all out, we really don't have that many options at the moment.

I don't mind him starting. If (and it's a big if) he's ever going to do anything for us I think he needs to be involved from the start.

What I will mind is if he's clearly being ineffective, nothing being done about it. If he's playing crap then things need to be changed.

Exactly. No doubt everyone will be moaning if he starts tomorrow but with Benteke, Kozak and probably Gabby all out, we really don't have that many options at the moment.

But we do have options. And a man who has looked awful every single time he's been on the pitch for us should be near the bottom of that pile.

Helenius, Weimann, Bowery and even Burke are all options I'd play ahead of somebody clearly past it at this level.

He is past it at Championship level to be honest, as Wigan found out

But we do have options. And a man who has looked awful every single time he's been on the pitch for us should be near the bottom of that pile.

Weimann is the only stand out better alternative and we'll likely play him out wide or behind the striker.

Weimann is the only stand out better alternative and we'll likely play him out wide or behind the striker.

Which is my point. If he plays Holt, instead of adapting he's going with plan a with someone not good enough.

• Like 1

Which is my point. If he plays Holt, instead of adapting he's going with plan a with someone not good enough.

Why can't he play both?

Professional fitness / scouts / All round football experts are out again I see.

No. Just people who have watched games.

And those who have actually listened to what the Wigan fans and manager had to say about him.

And those who have actually listened to what the Wigan fans and manager had to say about him.

Yep as I said, these football experts who conduct private meetings with wigan fans and managers, or looked in the conveniently true evidence pile.

The only time Grant Holt has started a game for us was against Everton.

At the time he was taken off, we were 1-0 up.  Result was 2-1 Everton.

This guy needs to start and play all game obviously(!)

What was this by the way?

The only time Grant Holt has started a game for us was against Everton.

At the time he was taken off, we were 1-0 up. Result was 2-1 Everton.

This guy needs to start and play all game obviously(!)

That was more to do with changing formation than Holt going off to be fair.

What was this by the way?

Uwe Rösler basically said he was unsatisfied with his fitness levels and dropped him from the squad due to this.

Edited by Isa

Ahhh, the only thing I'd read from Rosler was basically "we need to get rid of our higher earners, he's still our player though and we'll see how he does.  We'll assess again in the summer".

Ahhh, the only thing I'd read from Rosler was basically "we need to get rid of our higher earners, he's still our player though and we'll see how he does.  We'll assess again in the summer".

You missed the bit where he left him out of the European match for being unfit then, where Holt had to stay behind and train by himself?  Where he sent tweets saying he was going shopping?

• Like 1

Yep from their seat, with a pie and no football experience.

Better shut the site down, I suppose. It was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

Â