Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Like lambert, like his plan, optimistic for the future.

It matters not to me who posters are or aren't , I wish people would not obsess over it

Obviously you do, or he wouldn't be the best manager of the last 30 years.

Wow! Was somebody actually presumptuous enough to make such a baseless claim?

Thanks for your post HH.

I believe and trust in Lambert and your comments have helped me understand the position he faced himself with from the beginning till now. Although we would all like to be further up the table unfortunately we have had to go through this stage to get to where we want to be.

I think you underestimate how many fans are behind Lambert and it is just a case of more disgruntled fans being the louder. I look forward to the rest of the season! :)

In the main, some posters on here do despise ITK's...for reasons that belong to them.

I can tell you now for my sins, I had a close line of information on NRC at one time.( even had a xmas card from him, for those that care) ( I was never a great fan of his play,but there was some myths too, but he was a much better person than he got credit for) & he loved Villa and still does.

I had the news on the contretemps as soon as it happened and despite only hearing one side of the story, no one would believe you anyway, without divulging every detail of contact and then it gets the club staff in to trouble. I was asked to prove it at the time by one and I thought why should I ...I'm only trying to help everyone know the truth.

We all want the club to do well, so by definition we want all their staff to do well, to make that happen...so if someone gives us a bit of up to date, don't kick them in the teeth take it with the sincerity it has been given to you with.

If it turns out to be a load of Bollocks or a pack of lies....you know not to trust that person next time.

We all know roughly, who you can trust on here and who you can't....meaning some are regular posters, when a renegade comes on you treat them with trepidation.

Edited by TRO

It was obvious that lambert knows he needs experienced players after his summer signings have flopped. Dont need to be an 'ITK' to have predicted that.

I wouldnt trust lambert with another penny if I was the club personally. Tactically he is clueless. Dont ever forget his 'tactics' in the second leg against Bradford. Sadly their is no chance randy will sack him.

The 'vision' we was led to believe was to clear the deadwood, rebuild and bring through our talented young kids. Despite having one of the best academy's in europe lambert has brought through no young kids and replaced the dead wood with mostly utter garbage worse then the players that were replaced. Not buying for a second that tonev and luna are significantly better SQUAD players then some of the youngsters in our academy.

• Like 1

It was obvious that lambert knows he needs experienced players after his summer signings have flopped. Dont need to be an 'ITK' to have predicted that.

I wouldnt trust lambert with another penny if I was the club personally. Tactically he is clueless. Dont ever forget his 'tactics' in the second leg against Bradford. Sadly their is no chance randy will sack him.

The 'vision' we was led to believe was to clear the deadwood, rebuild and bring through our talented young kids. Despite having one of the best academy's in europe lambert has brought through no young kids and replaced the dead wood with mostly utter garbage worse then the players that were replaced. Not buying for a second that tonev and luna are significantly better SQUAD players then some of the youngsters in our academy.

Have you even read what was written about clearing out the deadwood. It wasn't an option, it had to be done. The players we have now are to replace then are certainly no worse than them at a fraction of the cost. So I know who I'd rather have.

Ask NRC if he is the mystery midfielder to bail us out the shit!? Joking aside I was always a fan of his not the greatest footballer but a definate leader on the pitch and that is what we are sorely missing right now someone to tell these young pups what to do out there. Probably not even that old?

As for Lambert and his plan I wanted him from the beginning I doubted him this time last Christmas and I am again now but I so want him to succeed as I think the idea is the right one. Just want to see us take a decent throw in or corner and I will see the green shoots of recovery!

HH is great for this forum so whoever you are buddy keep up the good work!!

Up the Villa

it is just a case of more disgruntled fans being the louder. 

Don't be too quick to think you are right.

The more disgruntled fans as you put it have a "stoned blind" right to be disgruntled, thats for sure. How they handle it, is their prerogative. Don't fall in to the trap of suggesting they are wrong, just yet.

There are NO fans with a monopoly of whats right and whats wrong we all have our opinions, unfortunately for me I see a lot of fores and againsts with all three that matter RL, PL & PF. I think the main problem with them too( like the players) is lack of experience and decision making as opposed to being thoughourly dispicable men, on the contrary, they seem nice guys to me...However, I would never have dispensed with Steve Stride, but I don't know all the ins & outs of that one.On the surface we lost a lot of valuable experience.

few years down the line, the "loud & disgruntled fans" may be proved to be right and that we have lost time in not dealing with it, but who knows.

Right now, point scoring ain't the important thing....It seems clear to me, that all 3 know there is a problem, we have to let them get on with it and try and deal with it....The alternatives are no clearer to solving the problems, only serve to castigate....time will tell.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I think you underestimate how many fans are behind Lambert and it is just a case of more disgruntled fans being the louder. I look forward to the rest of the season! :)

I think that you are wrong. The Lambert honeymoon is most definitely over, and I see more and more people becoming disgruntled.

A result (draw) at Sunderland and a positive display against Sheffield United, culminating in victory, are the minimum requirements from the next two games.

If we suffer reverses in both, then I am afraid that his position will have become untenable.

(and there was me being positive :) )

Ask NRC if he is the mystery midfielder to bail us out the shit!? Joking aside I was always a fan of his not the greatest footballer but a definate leader on the pitch and that is what we are sorely missing right now someone to tell these young pups what to do out there. Probably not even that old?

As for Lambert and his plan I wanted him from the beginning I doubted him this time last Christmas and I am again now but I so want him to succeed as I think the idea is the right one. Just want to see us take a decent throw in or corner and I will see the green shoots of recovery!

Up the Villa

To my knowledge he is not and for those that don't like him you can rest easy, for those that do, Paul Faulkner was the one that was instrumental in him going, but Houllier wanted to keep him.

Ps His wife is from New York, so he is happy where he is ( guess some Villa Fans would be too)

Edited by TRO

I think it was part of Lambert's plan to add experience and/or proven quality (whatever age) in the future when the wage bill was in a healthier position and we were not buying throngs of players all at once. I was always under the impression that success under PL would be a steady and long process with many ups and downs along the way, I think it would have been naive and unfair to believe we would not had suffered another bad dip in form this season.

For the time being at least, we need to stick together and be supportive of the team to make sure we survive this season and prosper in the future. #Unity

The most important point for me in that article is that there is no wage cap as long as the wages the player is asking for are within reason.

Yeah that bit was pretty funny.

"There is no wage cap! There is just a limit to the maxiumum we will pay a player in wages..."

:D

It just means that there is no wage cap as such, but we will not pay ridiculous salaries.

Nothing wrong with that.

Up the Villa

To my knowledge he is not and for those that don't like him you can rest easy, for those that do, Paul Faulkner was the one that was instrumental in him going, but Houllier wanted to keep him.

I guess that Faulkner didn't want to cave in to his agent's demands. Given the way that his career went after that, it looks like he had the wrong agent.

NRC was one of those players. I never knew what he did, but I always felt we were a better team for having him in the side.

so HH basically reports early what is said in a media report. Blimey anyone would have thought that the media don't get told things ......... Oh hang on a minute ........ :D

Anyone would have thought that HH was ITK.

You know, by getting team selections spot on regularly, injuries before the press, the news that Benteke had signed a new contract (before it appeared on the ONLY website that broke the news (the OS)) as well as a heap of other information...

He could well be the Aston Villa press officer? Dishing out the news to us on here before he hands it to the usual media outlets later?

Still, like other's have said, there is little value in speculating.

If the club wanted to leak information they would probably leak it to a newspaper, not to a forum.

• Like 1

The most important point for me in that article is that there is no wage cap as long as the wages the player is asking for are within reason.

"There is no wage cap! There is just a limit to the maxiumum we will pay a player in wages..."

It just means that there is no wage cap as such, but we will not pay ridiculous salaries.

Nothing wrong with that.

What is a wage cap if not a limit on paying rediculous salaries?

Up the Villa

I guess that Faulkner didn't want to cave in to his agent's demands. Given the way that his career went after that, it looks like he had the wrong agent.

NRC was one of those players. I never knew what he did, but I always felt we were a better team for having him in the side.

I felt he was over paid for what he did, so I can see Faulkners position, I can also see his position too. However it was clear he and MON never got on, so what we got from him was questionable, would have liked to have seen him work for Lambert.

...but hey ho

Can we stop going over that again and again? If you don`t believe it then ignore it. So far, there are several signs that it is legit so let people enjoy it. Seems like people really want people to feel bad about them supporting villa no matter the reason because we are playing bad football. It`s bad but as others have said on here, we all want what is best for this club. And I would say that someone letting us get some info beforehand is surely a good thing? Or do we have to argue and hate each other in every thread? 

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that.

What is a wage cap if not a limit on paying rediculous salaries?

Leaves the door open for a player who is a "diamond" for us in terms of consistent performance i.e McGrath.....getting what they deserve.

We have finally, recognised  the players that have been over paid for what they produced.... we wasn't so quick, years ago to recognise the ones that was under paid for what they did.... and seeked transfers.

Ps  we need to be careful we don't "take a hammer to crack a nut" and have a wage structure that rewards mediocrity.....If a player is great FOR US pay him the going rate.

Edited by TRO