• Albrighton (for Weimann 79)
  2. 2. Manager's tactics

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Very poor - but I thought there were a few glimmers

Clark - Really surprised me - Held the back line together well - considering he has two players in poor form Lowton \ Baker to contend with. The booking could prove costly though as he misses Sland away

Very fleetingly late in the second half - we did actually string some passes together 

You could see how we lack leadership - early in the second half we conceded a needless corner a senior CB would have dished out the rollickings - and told everyone to tighten up, but our lads just trudged into position to defend the corner no one said a word

I thought Kozak coming on saved us a point - he seemed to be geeing everyone up - and to a limited extent did provide that leadership.

Its been said a hundred times but these young lads need some senior pro's to guide them on the field - as it they are like rabbits in the headlights......yeah its easy to slate them...but currently they are scared shitless of the ball...thats not developing anyone.......

Lescott on loan and IMO things would look  100X better....

• Like 1

From the BBC website-

'Villa manager Paul Lambert is becoming accustomed to such jeers ringing in his ears, with his team also heckled after the 1-0 Boxing Day defeat by Crystal Palace'

Why don't they mention that the vast, vast, majority of Villa fans have given Lambert total backing for 18 months and have been served up mostly garbage at home bar the odd amazing result? Why do we get this repuation as boo boys? Lambert would have got hell's abuse at many clubs by now.Grump.

The popular media are clueless. I was there for QPR at home last season. We won that game because the fans refused to accept relegation and pushed and pushed and pushed the team to succeed. Boo boys my arse, we have had hopeless football at home now for years and years.

What was going on after Gabby scored the goal, he ran towards the bench followed by most of the team and they all pretty much ignored Lambert to go and celebrate with someone on the bench. Looked like Lambert got a few half hearted high fives but most of the players seemed to ignore him. Am I reading too much in to this or have the players had enough of the manager? Who did Gabby go to on the bench?

Lescott is still getting starts for Ci£y, on what planet would he come here in January?

Planet Hope !!!!

Personally looks to me like Lescott is now 5th choice centre back at City, wages would be the only stumbling block over a possible loan move. 

Edited by Avflife

What was going on after Gabby scored the goal, he ran towards the bench followed by most of the team and they all pretty much ignored Lambert to go and celebrate with someone on the bench. Looked like Lambert got a few half hearted high fives but most of the players seemed to ignore him. Am I reading too much in to this or have the players had enough of the manager? Who did Gabby go to on the bench?

I thought Lambert ignored the players.....

I thought Lambert ignored the players.....

no they literally ran past him, he was trying to hi 5/hug/pat them on the back but he got blanked mostly whilst someone on the bench was mauled.

I want to talk about the match today, there is nothing, Nothing productive to mention!

Lescott is fantasy, but very welcome...

I've said for ages, but our midfield is still Screaming for Gareth Barry.

We are completely lacking and creativity in the middle of the park. I think Lambert's the right man, but today it was clear we needed to motivate the individual players, that's the Managers job... 

The commentator mentioned Darren Bent... how can we get him back in a Villa Shirt?

Delph, I have a feeling we will be loosing him very soon... 

Edited by nycVILLA

Having a look at last season's corresponding fixture we won 2-0 as a means of comparison:

Possession 49%-51%

Shots 17 for Villa and 10 for Swansea

Shots on target 13 for Villa and 5 for Swansea

Corners 11 for Villa and 5 for Swansea

Attendance 34k

Just shows how our performance levels have dropped so alarmingly but 3k more fans turn out to watch it!

Right, just got home so ill give an honest appraisal

We started off ok, pushing Swansea high up the pitch forcing them into errors, we scored because of that pressing and chico slipping leaving gaby through on goal, it all went down hill from there, after 15 minutes we decided to only press Swansea when the ball was in there half, we let them pass it in our half for some bizarre reason and inevitably they passed passed passed until we decided to do away with marking them and then its 1-1, goal was coming for 20 minutes before they scored

From then on the atmosphere changed somewhat, half the holte end were trying to lift the players, the other half berating them, its poisonous again, rightly or wrongly you can't deny there is an element of fans that revel in us being shit.

We created next to nothing after scoring, it was largely hit and hope the ball lands near a villa player, so onto ratings

id give the team a 6 out of 10 but pick out bacuna and lowton, totally useless on the right, bacuma spent most of the game bailing lowton out of trouble, Luna is never a left back, why was he hugging the penalty box line when his player was by the corner flag and weimann, oh dear.

If Bacuna was totally useless on the right, why did he spend most of the time he was on the pitch bailing Lowton out of trouble?

Lambert has said he knew the first few years would be tough but were only 18 months into the project.

I'm not convinced by Lambert.

The plan has to include our players learning to play the type of football we want them playing in the future, not gaining experience in "surviving on scraps" waiting for the miracle 1 or 2 new "quality" players that will magically turns things around.

Lambert and his "5 year plan" should know this, surely. What do they do at training? Laps?

Â